IGNORED

240Z in movies

carguyinok

Just bought Macgyver season 2 on DVD(just came out a few days ago). I also have season 1. I have noticed that in a lot of episodes there will be 240z-280zx just driving by a scene or in the background. Lots of fun to look for them. But then again, Macgyver is just fun to watch!

OK, not in a film as such but I did see some TV footage a few years back showing someone stealing a tank from the US army and driving it around squashing cars and things. There was a shot of a z (can't tell which) which had been squashed from front to rear.:cry: It looked about 2 feet high !!!!

Andrew

i think that that took place here in san diego. it went through navy housing and the freeway and stuff..... i think the z was a 280z driven by this guy that owns a couple over by where it happened. not sure though....

• 4 weeks later...

Speaking of Herbie...... I just recently took my 11-year old twin daughters to see the brand new Herbie movie and there was a badly-faded yellow 280Z in the movie. The 280Z was in a demolition derby type of event of all things, trying to crush Herbie. There was also a '04 GT0 (without the hood scoops), a '05 Corvette (both of which were driven by Matt Dillon), a '66 or '67 GTO and a bunch of other cars. The movie had some NASCAR racing in it with a lot of special effects.

Back in the early 80's, Benson & Hedges were giving away a 280ZX to the player of the series for a cricket series over here. I saw it in the background on a replay last year and nearly creamed myself.

Nissan are also replaying a 350Z ad at the moment showing the history of the Zed with a few 240/260 photos followed by a side profile of the 280ZX, Z31 and Z32.

Speaking of Herbie. Bullet was on the TV the other night, so I waited for the chase scene, which is pretty good, unless you pay any attention to it.

They should have been driving the green VW beelte. It must have been pretty quick if both the black charger and the mustang had to over take it 3 or 4 times.

Didn't spot any Z's though. I think the movie was made before the Z was released. There was a yellow porsche 356 in it though.

Didn't go back to read entire thread again, so don't know if this Made for TV movie with a former Charlie's Angel was mentioned, but there is a DVD with a 240Z in it for sale on eBay right now at: http://cgi.ebay.com/Death-Car-on-the-Freeway-DVD-Shelly-Hack-Barbara-Rush_W0QQitemZ6415494693QQcategoryZ617QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Movie is probably about as good as the plot sounds, so I think I'll keep my money, but someone might be curious enough here to bid. Gary