IGNORED

Whats in you "Emergency Toolkit"?

moonpup

Never had any other Z's besides 240's and a 280ZX. Both of which have tool bins behind the seats and where the other items went. For your 280, you'll just have to find a place that you feel is handy and accessable.
The 280Z has bins behind the seat, but because the front of the deck is crewed down, you'll need tool to get the deck up :surprised

a box of dehydrated water tablets

...just add water!

am I the only one that got that?

everyone here has put my toolkit to shame, all I carry is a multi-head screwdriver, a set of spanners and a metric gear-ratchet set. Add a variety of fuses and light bulbs, oil, coolant (premixed), writing paper/pencil, couple rags, fix-a-flat, wd-40, silicon spray, starter fluid spray, set of modeling Exacto knives, and my Swiss Army knife. Seeing how everyone else is very prepared, I will have to redo my kit, or at least use others as a guide.

As to the "all I need is my cell and a club card" gripe-too right! I live in the foothills of the Great Smokey Mountain range, and once I drive a quarter mile from my home, I have no cell coverage. Keep in mind that I drive 60 miles a day, up and down a mountain to go to school (Western Carolina University), so having even a rudimentary kit is essential.

Moonpup, thanks for starting this thread, and everyone who has posted (or will), thank you for all the input, everyone, regardless of car make/model should plan ahead and have some basics in thier car.

david

I got a case from a cordless drill that I'm putting all t he lose stuff in (water pills, tape, clamps, etc. Tools go in a toolbox, or maybe somebody else can carry a toolbox.

These cars are not like a luxo-boat, so you don't have any trunk space, and just enough behind the seat for a gallon of water or a rolled-up something. Even the tool bins aren't big enough to hold much more than jumper cables and a quart of oil.

BTW. I didn't see FIRE EXTINGUISHER on anybody's list...

BTW. I didn't see FIRE EXTINGUISHER on anybody's list...

So right, TomoHawk, No one mentioned the old Fire extinguisher, I've got one, and totally forgot to mention it, I expect others did the same, but in case, thanks for bringing up that important item.

I sure hope one of you guys happnes along if I'm stuck on the side of the road. I have a small tool kit kicking around somewhere in my car, can't even tell you what's in the tool bins. Maybe I oughta check it. I tend to go with the less is more theory, and can probably make something work if I have to. I spent 5 years working in a lumber mill where anything could be fixed with a crescent wrench, a hammer and a screwdriver. If that didn't get it, out came the torch.

Devin

Had to go and look. Not surprising, really, Dad had it all prepared. In the driver's tool compartment I found flares, a first aid kit, a spare belt, and a fire extinguisher. The passenger side has the original jack and tools, including wheel chocks. Opened up the tool kit and it is meager, but basic essentials.

Devin

A 169-piece metric cell phone?

Using "a cell phone" for repairs or service for your vehicle is about the alowest way to get something done. A case-in-point would be last weekend at the drive-in theatre. The luxury mini-van parked next to me had a dead battery about 1/2 way through the first movie. the guy called his auto club, and he told me he would have to wait several hours until both movies were finished before a tow truck could arrive to give help. I loaned him my booster cables, and he got a boost from a friend with another luxury car (he thought the luxo-mobile's "bigger battery" would charge his faster...