IGNORED

Firewall grommets

ozlime240z

And often the posts make no sense. I'm thinking, " ESL?" New to the internet and the rhythms of forums?

I've overlooked posting dates myself and as someone pointed out recently, adding facts or data to an old thread can useful from an archivel perspective.

But some of the activity is as I said, :stupid:

Here's the latest... Just doesn't make sense.

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40886&page=3&p=404366#post404366

Still can't tell if it's trolling, or thread padding, or just honest first time on a forum.

Maybe there needs to be a new administrative rule put into place like "Your first ten posts will be moderated and must be reviewed and approved by a site moderator before they will be allowed to be included on the forum".

Maybe there needs to be a new administrative rule put into place like "Your first ten posts will be moderated and must be reviewed and approved by a site moderator before they will be allowed to be included on the forum".

Except that even under that rule, the poster would complain about being unduly harassed by the moderators, would then get his friends to post comments supporting his position, sign on with a different log on (against the rules), and finally would post a donation to the club as a bribe to avoid being "hazzled" and would then continue doing what he was doing. It has happened, and the whining still continues. So much so that they feel and act untouchable... which apparently they are.

The posts you're referrring to is just a new user who is happy to have found this site. The prior user on this thread is a signature line phisher link. His thread will be on topic enough to obfuscate his true intent, a link to his site via this sites popularity thereby boosting his rating. Kind of like posting links to sales on an auction site to boost the number of views and therefore skew the actual activity or simply to help advertise the item.

The difficulty is in being on the forum often enough to determine which of those posts are trash and which aren't. Which users are Trolls and which are true new members just needing guidance. Some new users are convinced that it is the rest of the club that needs to adjust to them and not them adjusting to the club. When a user who has annoyed enough of the older members finally gets banned, there is usually a general feeling of "Good Riddance!" or :beer::beer: for the 2vdjnmx.gif.

FWIW

E

Edited by EScanlon