IGNORED

Firewall grommets

ozlime240z

Hi Guys,

I'm new to the Zed scene having just bought my first Z. Anyway It needs the firewall grommets replaced. I've just put in an order for a motorsport catalogue but it hasn't showed up yet (it could be a while I'm is AUS). So I was wondering if somone out there could give me a price from motorsport (or some other reputable mob) for a set of firewall grommets kinda like these.

Thanks in advance. :D

OzLime240Z

post-2364-1415079205236_thumb.jpg

...I just saw your signature, it looks like the car I thought it was. I think it was originally 4-sale at $14k, sounds like a good one. :classic:

Yeah that sounds like it. I payed allot less than $14K tho, it's been up for sale for a while. It's a really nice restored to original car but just needs a few things to be complete.

It is at the end of a three year restore so it is in great condition with fresh paint. It was in desperate need of a tune but a little time with the Dopler radar (piece of pipe to the ear) and she's running a treat now.

The chokes for the triple carbs aren't hooked up the the interior lever and really needs to be as it's hard to start on these 6 degree C mornings we've been having here in brissy, even though it lives in the garage.

Most of the rubbers have been replaced except for a few firewall ones.

I'll stick some pics up in the members area when i get a chance.

Hey where do you get your Zed parts from in OZ. Any good suppliers / mail order crowds.

Seeya

OzLime240Z

My only experience with Delortos was on my Moto Guzzi bike which had a pair of 40mm ones. The trick to starting was about 4 twists on the throttle (and no choke). The carbs had accelerator pumps which gave a nice squirt of juice when ever they were snapped open!

As for where do I get my parts... I'm a z-imposter here... I'm still looking for one! The one you bought almost fitted my criteria but it didn't have the original engine so (alas) it was out. Sounds nice though...:disappoin

Ozlime:

Give Andy Russell, the Datsun Dude, an e-mail at: z@datsundude.com

He is the guy you see on e-Bay with the Firewall Grommet Kits, as well as the Hood Bumper etc.

He's knowledgeable on how to ship to Australia as well.

I forget how much he asks for the kit, but I guarantee it's reasonable, and the parts are OEM.

Enrique Scanlon

My only experience with Delortos was on my Moto Guzzi bike which had a pair of 40mm ones. The trick to starting was about 4 twists on the throttle (and no choke). The carbs had accelerator pumps which gave a nice squirt of juice when ever they were snapped open!

As for where do I get my parts... I'm a z-imposter here... I'm still looking for one! The one you bought almost fitted my criteria but it didn't have the original engine so (alas) it was out. Sounds nice though...:disappoin

Original Engine would be nice, but then it wouldn't be an L28 :classic:

Anyway this one seemed to good to pass up. You can spend ages looking and see nothing but crap. This one was nice, local, and quick :devious:

very original bar motor and gearbox. (interior is awesome) and has the original 72-73 no emmision 240z SUs I can put back on if i want.

If its not too rude, can I ask what you paid for it? I'm trying to get an idea of what the market is doing. The price for cars ranges from about $2K for a wheelbarrow full of rust with a 240z badge attached to low teens for a properly restored original. If you don't want to generally broadcast the info, you could email me at hayden.long@bhpbilliton.com... thanks.

Also, you should post a pic or two of you car!:classic:

If its not too rude, can I ask what you paid for it? I'm trying to get an idea of what the market is doing. The price for cars ranges from about $2K for a wheelbarrow full of rust with a 240z badge attached to low teens for a properly restored original. If you don't want to generally broadcast the info, you could email me at hayden.long@bhpbilliton.com... thanks.

Also, you should post a pic or two of you car!:classic:

I'll send you an email and post some pics on 240z.org soon. :classic:

• 10 years later...