IGNORED

Restoration is back on track (with a lot of help)

Mike

Mike,

Are those your original brake/fuel/clutch lines? If not, where did you source them?

Steve

Hi Steve, I got those from a dealer about 8 years ago. You might be able to find them now. I'm sure they won't be cheap. Check around at the various dealers. A bit of advice, take the part number to the dealer when you go in. They usually don't have a lot of time to mess around looking for parts on the microfiche. SHAMELESS PLUG ALERT: You might want to pick up a copy of our microfiche CD to get the part numbers you need for your car. :nervous:

Anyway, I bought the new stock ones because I didn't want to deal with my old grimey lines. I also didn't want to bend new aftermarket pipe. So, I spent the cash.

A bit of advice, take the part number to the dealer when you go in. They usually don't have a lot of time to mess around looking for parts on the microfiche.
I'll second that. It might surprize you to find how many old and obscure parts are still available, if you give the dealer the part number instead of asking them to look it up.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, here's an update. Photos attached show us actually installing the front windshield. Bryon and Steve had done this before, but, it was my first time. The trick is to use a small rope and put it between the rubber before the window is put into place. Once the windshield is in place, the rope can be pulled out slowly from the inside and it sucks the window into position.

Put a little windex or soap on the rubber and it will make it a lot easier to work with. :)

post-4-14150798473225_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150798473519_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150798473864_thumb.jpg

post-4-14150798474091_thumb.jpg

The Classic Datsun Vinyl and Carpet looks great!

Classic Datsun

www.classicdatsun.com

R

Was just up at the shop in Vista Ca on Monday, Les is a real great guy. We talked about my Z, he was able to match my 73 offwhite interior vinyl perfectly something Motorsport could not do. I plan to get my vinyl from him in the next few months, and after seeing the pictures on this thread only makes me want to do business with Classic Datsun even more. Saw your car while I was up there, Ron.

Montezuma you should have told me you were going to be up here....

I live and work just a few miles from Les's shop. I would have stopped by to say hi.

Glad to hear that Les was able to help you. He does really great work and really works hard to provide that extra bit that sets him apart from his competition.

Your right, my Z is at Les's shop at the moment. I wanted to get a few things done prior to taking it up to the JCCS show on the 30th.

The vinyl is glued down. :) We actually put a layer of jute behind the vinyl to give it some additional insulation properties. It just didn't look right glued directly to the metal.

Carpet and vinyl were purchased from Les Cannaday at Classic Datsun. His stuff took longer to get, but, it was worth it in the end.

If you buy from him, please tell him that you talked with us at the club.

-- Mike

The vinyl looks a tad 'cushy' in a few spots is why I asked. It makes sense to pad behind it. I will probably use some noise deadening material.

That carpet looks very good, I'll talk to LES when I make my next purchase and see if he ships to Canada.

Lookin good Mike.

Zak

Good idea on the extra backing for the vinyl. Whether it's Jute, Tar-Mat, or..., it helps keep heat and noise out.

As far as your Qtr. Window Dog leg trims, are you re-using the old ones from long ago? If so, is the chrome starting to peel? If so, I ~may~ have a fix for you. Give me a PM.

E