IGNORED

Other cars you own, or drive?

astrohog

93 Toyota P/U, 5 speed, 22RE, header, cam, K&N, traction bars, circle track leaf spring suspension with weight jacks in back, LSD, sway bars, tweaked AFM (it was my first autoxer believe it or not)

2006 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 - bone stock with about 1500 miles

Do my shop trucks count?

2003 Dodge Ram 2500 Shortbox 4x4 Hemi

2002 Chevy Colorado with weird 5 cylinder engine

2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Longbox 2wd 360 Magnum

Chris A.

Sure - you can count a good neighbor that will loan you his truck as well. (my truck is a family truck when my son needs it .. and a neighborhood truck every once-in-awhile)..

Carl B.

2002 Nissn Sentra SE-R Spec-V is my daily. The '72 240z and '69 2000 Roadster are for nice weekends. The Z makes an occasional appearance at work, but only if it's not too hot out. The Roadster collects dust in the garage until a nice sunny weekend comes along.

Scott

Just a few of my reasons for "requiring" a truck...

1) Front End Loaders tend to have problems fitting 1.5 Cubic Yards of mulch in a SUV or the trunk of a sedan.

2) It's a lot easier loading and loading 10 five gallon buckets of driveway sealant (50+ lbs. each) without a roof above your head, that and they just flat out don't fit in the Sentra's trunk.

3) 80 bundles of shingles... 1/2 pickup = 2 trips, Pathfinder = 8 trips.

Carl... your truck brings back some fond memories of my first vehicle, I had a Black '88 Chevy C1500 Long-Bed with the Silverado Package... I loved that truck, 188,000 miles when I traded it for a Toyota MR2, one of my dumbest decisions to date.

post-2476-14150798058559_thumb.jpg

post-2476-14150798059124_thumb.jpg

post-2476-14150798059799_thumb.jpg

Hi Nathan:

Your "Front End Loader"...comment made me laugh out loud. Max, my dog goes everywhere with me in the truck... So when it's time to go to the Cypress Saw Mill for mulch... Max goes with me. As this huge Front End Loader scoops up 3 cubic yards of mulch, and starts to approach the truck - Max is transfixed, I can see him thinking "what the hell is THAT".... I thought he was going to jump out of the truck when the Front End Loader dumped that mulch in the bed!! I was laughing out loud, as he looked at me with one of those "did you see that?".. looks that only dogs can get...

Took three trips to fill the area around the back of the garage initially, then about one trip per year to refresh it. Good thing it's only about three miles from the house.. as three yards fills that 8' bed to above the cab roof.

5 gallon buckets... just put 5 of them filled with paint, 5 filled with primer, 5 filled with roof paint and 1 filled with trim paint in the truck for my latest project - repainting the house. Then picked up a high pressure washer and airless paint system.... Can't fit that in the Yukon XL either.

Just too funny...

regards,

Carl B.

post-3609-1415079806018_thumb.jpg

post-3609-14150798060486_thumb.jpg

2006 Civic sedan, automatic. Fairly ugly generic car, but I actually get a hair over 40 mpg consistently(no fudging) on freeway driving with the AC on. Didn't really expect that good of mileage. Kinda rough and noisy ride(not nearly as plush a ride as my 1992 F150 had). Was able to fit 25 ten foot lengths of 3/4 inch pvc pipe and a few 8' studs inside the car with the trunk closed, so it is more useful than I anticipated. Has lots of goodies in it but it amazes me that it has no glove compartment light. How primitive! May be getting a 1974 Mazda PU in the near future. Victor.

Daily driver is a '97 VW Jetta GT

Since I owned a '72 240Z, I figured I also needed a '72 motorcycle. Last year I bought a '72 Honda XL250. Fun to ride around the back yard. I need to find a tail light assembly for it before I can make it street legal.