IGNORED

My Skyline finally arrived......

HS30-H

J, JJ, K, JK, B, P and D : Tyre bead profiles / rim contour designations.

"No, my keyboard letters weren't stuck down when I typed this. The letter that typically sits between the rim width and diameter figures stamped on the wheel, and indicates the physical shape of the wheel where the tyre bead meets it.

Like so many topics, the answer as to which letter represents which profile is a long and complicated one. Common wisdom has it that the letter represents the shape. ie. "J" means the bead profile is the shape of the letter "J". Not so, although "J" is the most common profile identifier. 4x4 vehicles often have "JJ" wheels. Jaguar vehicles (especially older ones) have "K" profile wheels. Some of the very old VW Beetles had "P" and "B" profile wheels.

For example, the "J" code makes up the "Rim Contour" and specifies rim contour dimensions in a single category of rims called "Code 10 to 26 on 5deg. Drop-Centre Rims".

post-5906-14150798229901_thumb.gif

Thanks ChrisA. Saved me a lot of explaining there.

Over here in England, we call these the 'Flange Height Code' letters. I believe each letter relates to a measurement taken from the base of the tyre bead seat ( the part of the rim where the tyre bead actually sits and seals ) to the outer edge of the wheel rim itself.

Nothing to get too worried about. In fact, I only write the size out that way because I'm old fashioned and set in my ways......... :stupid:

Cheers,

Alan T.

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but your car looks amazing. You can tell that there is something special about it, but what exactly about it makes it as legendary as it appears to be?

I just want some more info, congrats on your new toy.

You'll have to excuse my lack of knowledge on this subject, but your car looks amazing. You can tell that there is something special about it, but what exactly about it makes it as legendary as it appears to be?

I just want some more info, congrats on your new toy.

I hope Alan will respond to this, but in the meantime, google "Nissan Skyline" and have yourself some good reading. You are correct though, they are legendary.

Chris A.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...