IGNORED

Valve cover differences

Tri-Star

Hi Everyone,

I find it interesting that there are two versions of the NISSAN cover. I recently sent one to a friend in the US. I kept the one that I'm half finished polishing with the larger FONT.

Is anyone else interested in such covers?

post-1316-14150799055462_thumb.jpg

Hi Everyone,

I find it interesting that there are two versions of the NISSAN cover. I recently sent one to a friend in the US. I kept the one that I'm half finished polishing with the larger FONT.

Is anyone else interested in such covers?

So there is a big NISSAN font cover and a big, big NISSAN font cover.

According to a heated discussion going on in a thread about someones 240K, one of the members there states that there was a L6 DATSUN OHC valve cover:

Can anybody verify this via the parts cd, or microfiche etc?

The 13264-E3100 cover says 'Nissan 2400' and the 13264-P0100 says 'Nissan OHC' at least in the North American catalog. Since we didn't get the L20A here, I'm also curious as to what it said on the valve cover. I remember something about that in a thread sometime back, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe Alan T. would know.

The 13264-E3100 cover says 'Nissan 2400' and the 13264-P0100 says 'Nissan OHC' at least in the North American catalog. Since we didn't get the L20A here, I'm also curious as to what it said on the valve cover. I remember something about that in a thread sometime back, but I can't seem to find it. Maybe Alan T. would know.
Actually, it was in this very same thread, on page two. Here's a link to the picture, they apparently did say "Nissan 2000 OHC".

http://classiczcars.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=11621&d=1143315711

Hi Alan,great informations,they are very interesting.

I just want to tell everybody here,Alan's explanation is perfect.I always get frustrated with my poor english.What a good thing is Alan can explain perfectly which I want to say in english.His understanding of Japanese Z community and Japanese books and more are just like ordinary Japanese people,like me and my friends.

And I must say this,I and my all Japanese Z friends are so impressed with Alan's amazing knowledge about hole Z, not only Z, skyline and Prince etc...

I have never seen such a amazing knowledge in Japanese Z enthusiast.

Thank you,

kats

P.S.Alan,I tried to send PM but it was rejected.Did you get my PM in your another adress?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

I think this pretty much sums up the OEM (not aftermarket or special mfg.) cam covers found on the L24, L26, and L28, except for the 'larger' large "NISSAN"....

Anything else missing to your knowledge? Please let me know if so.

Note: The paint details on these are not claimed to be original configurations in all cases. I took some creative liberties to suit my tastes. Your comments and suggestions are welcome. There are other pictures of cam covers in my gallery (see link below).

Here's a group.....

post-9676-14150806186863_thumb.jpg

Here's a closer look at each plus one on my car....

post-9676-141508061864_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...
Hi Texasz (everyone)

As far as we have been able to determine to date, the switch from the NISSAN 2400 OHC valve cover to the NISSAN OHC valve cover, at least here in North America, took place with the beginning of production of the 240-Z equipped with an A/T. That would make it around 09/70 at about HLS30 089xx. For a brief time cars past that VIN arrived with either one, but we have found none with production dates later than 10/70 to have been equipped with the "2400" type. All of the A/T cars seem to have had the NISSAN OHC valve covers.

FWIW,

Carl B.

Clearwater, FL USA

http://ZHome.com

I realize this is an old thread; however, it's very interesting. So from what Carl and others have been able to determine, there were only about 9000 NISSAN OHC 2400 valve covers manufactured (at least when you're talking about the North American market). That is not very many when you consider probably close to half of covers may not even exist any longer. I remember a couple of years ago, these valve covers in fair condition were selling on Ebay for only around $100.00. Recently, one sold for almost $200.00 on Ebay (see link below). Even in a bad economy, some 240Z parts still seem to rise in value.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110588401592&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT