IGNORED

Valve cover differences

Tri-Star

That is correct! The ONLY difference is the lettering on the top. There are 5 that I have seen and are as follows:

"NISSAN OHC"

"NISSAN 2400 OHC"

"NISSAN 2000 OHC"

"NISSAN"

"TURBO"

"BOB SHARP"

"" <---------this one is blank on top, I believe this to be a modification (i.e. ground off letters)

Furthermore, if you have the 2400 or NISSAN styles and wish to sell them to me for a fair price I'm always on the lookout for one of these. :)

These are the ones I have seen

Nissan OHC

Nissan 2400

Nissan Turbo

Nissan

and A blank one with No script-was not polished, and did not appear to have been machined(casting marks on the top)

(Oh sure TexasZ beat me to the punch while I was typing...again!)

That is correct! The ONLY difference is the lettering on the top. There are 5 that I have seen and are as follows:

"NISSAN OHC"

"NISSAN 2400"

"NISSAN"

"TURBO"

/QUOTE]

Mine says: " NISSAN 2400 OHC "

There is a difference on one of them.

The cover that just says "NISSAN" in big letters is slightly taller. It is a JDM item, and if installed in a S-30 with new motor mounts, you cannot install several makes of strut bar. BTW I just sold my JDM "NISSAN" cam cover, or should say traded away. I have a new PDK Fabrication strut bar and could no longer use it.

Actually, the Nissan L-series 6 cylinder engine debuted 5 years before the S30-series Z in the 1965 'Cedric Special Six'. Valve covers from the early six cylinder engines won't fit the 'late' heads ( ie E30 / E31 / E88 / N42 etc etc ) because the method of affixing them was different.

Here's a pic of the top end of an L20A six from that 1965 'Cedric Special Six':

post-2116-14150797015339_thumb.jpg