IGNORED

What is the most important quality you want in a Z?

hls30.com

What is the most improtant quality you want in your Z?.  

134 members have voted

1. 1. What is the most improtant quality you want in your Z?.

• Massively Fast nose bleed accelleration!
    • All around mechanical performance purpose built
    • Superb Handling
    • Comfortable Seats
    • Outstanding Audio Performance (Radio)
    • Gutteral tone that inspires fear from all (Exhaust)
    • Power Accessories (windows, remote door locks)
    • Convertable / sun roof
    • Paint and body work that is flawless
    • Heat and AC that really works!
    • Creature Comfort Luxury throughtout!
    • Performance look aggressive stance!
    • Pimp my ride. Bill Ramseys hat hangiong from the mirror
    • Strict originality as it came from the factory!
    • I just want the damn thing to start and move under its own power!

Nothing on that list really fits my situation. My car is basically original w/period mods like spoiler, air dam, window louver, bra, mirrors, etc. And a decent stereo/cd system. Everything on it is fully functional as intended by Nissan. Massively fast? No. I've owned a Hemi, Cobra Jet, 396 and 427 Chevy powered cars. So that is relative. Handling? Well it handles like it was intended to. As for the rest of the catagories, well, most of that stuff is fine for others and I enjoy looking at all of the things that are done to Z cars and cars in general, but I'm happy with mine just like it is.

I'm looking to first insure that my Z is mechanically sound and in 100% complete working order. Once I achieve that, I plan on working on the performance side of things. The first step in that direction is the addition of 1" lowering springs and quality struts, second will be a complete carb rebuild, and then the addition of a replacement head and some port work. Next, I will start building up a mild performance L28 to replace my L24. next in line will be some nice racing seats, a performance coil, new rims and tires, a nice Momo steering wheel and a BRE style rear spolier.

I "ditto" what Stephen Blakeney said. And I think Arne may feel the same.

Yes, there are some "mods", if you can call the period correct items true modifications. "Everyone" had mags on their Z, or Louvers, or tinted windows, or at least an upgraded stereo, or heck Fuzzy Dice! Other than those "mods" the cars were maintained in top notch mechanical condition....just not souped up.

My car has get-up-and-go because that's the way the car was BUILT, not because I tweaked this or that.

FWIW

Enrique

P.S. I voted Creature Comfort, cause that's how you feel when you ride MY Z!

I "ditto" what Stephen Blakeney said. And I think Arne may feel the same.

Yes, there are some "mods", if you can call the period correct items true modifications. "Everyone" had mags on their Z, or Louvers, or tinted windows, or at least an upgraded stereo, or heck Fuzzy Dice! Other than those "mods" the cars were maintained in top notch mechanical condition....just not souped up.

My car has get-up-and-go because that's the way the car was BUILT, not because I tweaked this or that...

Yup, both Stephen's and Enrique's posts were a better way to say what I intended.

I've got a vision for mine -- stock 919 yellow, stock seats, steering wheel and interior, all the original trim/emblems, mostly stock L24 and 4 speed. A set of period-correct mags (slots or Libres, ideally), front spook (maybe black, maybe yellow), nice looking/sounding exhaust, and the vintage Pioneer Supertuner in the dash. Maybe a set of black 240Z side stripes. Suspension will be Euro Stage I springs with KYB or Tokico HD, nothing radical.

The non-vintage stuff will be limited - the ZX dizzy and alternator, modern H4 headlights, things like that.

That's how it looks in my mind right now. Of course, things could change between now and when I get it done...

I guess my question would be...

"why do I have to pick only one?"

I want it all. Performance, styling, creature comforts, stereo, looks, paint, handling, everything that I can possibly cram into a 6 X 12 box on wheels!!!

I've got performance, handling, power windows and locks, honda seats, great lights all around, kicken stereo, Plenty of looks from other drivers as well as thumbs up and the usual "what the hell do you got under the hood" or "is that a V8?"

I love my Z and will probably be burried in it.

Dave.

Yeah I just want a race Z that's street legal....lookin' at the rb 26dett....pretty much decided that's what's going in my other Z that's sitting on the side of my house.....all I can do right now is save money for the motor....with my current yellow z i need all new suspension because that original supension has gone to $^!#. I'm lookin' at getting full shocks and struts....rear disk brake conversion....and maybe even a full bushing kit. any suggestions?....I may just do all that to my other Z and get it ready for the rb...but i dunno..?