IGNORED

Classic Motorsports "top 10" Japanese Race Cars of all time!

Ron Carter

I wouldn't be able to name 10 cars, but I would have thought the R32 Godzillas that appeared at Bathurst some years ago would be up amongst that list somewhere.

They were winning so easily they were banned.. LOL

Dont forget where the skyline racing started in Australia. Glen Seatons R31 skyline which took on the other group 1 touring cars (including holden V8's ) with its 4 cylinder fj20 turbo.

I'm glad to see you post pictures of your favorites.
I'm surprised that you haven't included a "works" rally car!

As I mentioned before, this is not my personal all-time 'Top 10'. In fact, I don't think any of the particular cars I posted would be in my all-time top ten of Japanese race cars.......

The list is intended as a practical suggestion for vehicles that are of historic interest, currently running, owned by either Nissan or NISMO in Japan, and could feasibly be taken anywhere in the world to be demonstrated.

Awesome information Alan. It never ceases to amaze me that these cars still exist and are run every now and then in Japan. Amaze is probably not the right word.... more like, ecstatic! For now, I can only hope Nissan Australia does something with the Winfield Skylines next year with the release of the new GT-R. Somehow I doubt it though. They wouldn't even let me park my 240Z next to the 350Z at the entrance of the hotel at it's official debut... "A Datsun?"

Your comment about none of the aforementioned cars being in your top ten list makes me curious. Not even the R380-II? I realise I am going way off-"topic" here... but if you are not too busy I am sure I'm not the only one who would love to hear your impractical list :)

Thankyou too Ron for letting this be a constructive thread. I wish you luck with your talks with Nissan.

Chris,

Daytona, FL first week in Oct. 2007! Count me in! Let me know if you need any volunteer help. I'd be glad to help take pics. Make sure you get Ron's BRE 240Z there too. I bet Greg Ira (gira) would display/run his EP 240Z. He and the car are in FL. Guy Marvin has a real nice ITS 240Z as well.

Chris, PM me with the proposed dates for '07. Thanks

Thankyou too Ron for letting this be a constructive thread. I wish you luck with your talks with Nissan.

Absolutely! The point is for everyone to share their opinion.

One of the editors of Classic Motorsports Magazine (the title sponsor of the Mitty) asked a few of us to post on the boards to determine what are the 10 best Japanese race cars of all time. I am sure when he sent this around that he was referring to cars that could be found in the USA as they are looking to put that group of cars together for the mitty.(a little late but better than not at all).

But for my own knowledge I wanted to know what is out there and a more global opinion. Which Alan and a few others provided.

Regardless, I will forward the choices on the poll to Bill McDonald at CMM.

And perhaps find a way to get to the Mitty afterall...

R