IGNORED

Stainless steel header??

ezzzzzzz

Hey Mike, I wonder if you could help me with this. Did you get your extractors sent over by themselves? How much do you reckon shipping of just extractors like that would cost to NZ/Australia?

Hi Lachlan, no they did not come just by themselves as the shop I ordered them through also had a few other parts coming in on the same shipment. The Fujitsubo system for the L6 Series has 45mm primaries (1 3/4") they are a 3-2 system. The two is 50.8mm (2"). I also got the rest of the system just before xmas (again stainless steel) twin from front to back and yes they make the same setup for the C110 :)....just checked only listed for S30, C10 :( Header Part number is 510-15035. For the rest of the system for a HS30/S30 the part number is 750-15411 and for the 2+2 GHS30/GS30 the part number is 750-15412.

Shipping weight of the header is 9kg and for the rest of the system (for 240z/260z 2 seater) 16kg

Pricing in YEN = 89,250 + shipping (these are just for the header the rest of the system was in the order of 85,000 YEN)

So that would be around $1000 + shipping AUD for the header (50.8mm) so I would say maybe $1200 AUD all up (not a small box that they come in). I did price up getting some custom made Stainless Steel headers locally and was quoted about the same as what I landed the Fujitsubo header for.

Lachlan is there a performance import shop near you that brings in stuff from Japan for the newer JDM cars (ie 200sx, Skylines, Supra, RX7....for the drifting guys etc) they more than likely import Fujitsubo systems for these newer cars and could help you get the L6 Series header also (and including it in there next shipment - however it takes 4-6 weeks for the header to be made as they don't keep the L6 headers in stock just made to order)

Cheers

Mike

i believe that there is a high temp powdercoating that is used on headers, while it isn't very pretty i have heard it works well. Powdercoat will only stick to the bare metal of the header and being a powder it should be able to be applied throughout the inside of the header. I have heard that you can touch these headers minutes after the engine ran because the metal doesn't get very hot. It would surely be cheaper then a stainless header.

Stainless is expensive and not the easiest metal to work with. It is hard so cutting it isn't easy, gaps need to be small to make welding managable and any good fabricator would back purge the welds to keep the welds from oxidizing on the inside of the header. All of these things add to the cost of fabricating a stainless header, where mild steel is very easy to work.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I can verify that the JDM header that looks like the one NZeder has, does fit a left hand car. I have one of the steel ones and although it will scrape the steering shaft going in, once it's there it fit's great. It is a bit close to the torsion rod mount, but a small heat shield should help.

• 3 years later...

OK to all the North American owners I just shot a question to www.fujitsubousa.com to ask about LHD applications for this unit. As soon as I get a response I will post it. If they get enough requests maybe someone can be contracted to produce these in the States. I would be willing to wait for one to come from Japan if I knew for sure they fit without any modifications. All I want for Christmas is....................!

Yep, the stainless Fujitsubo header fits on a LHD 240z just fine. I was able to get one shipped to North America with these guys:

http://www.nengun.com/fujitsubo/super-ex

Here's a photo of the steering shaft clearance...

How do you like the exhaust note? Is the exhaust pipe travel underneath the car messy or neat? Please post pics

OK to all the North American owners I just shot a question to www.fujitsubousa.com to ask about LHD applications for this unit. As soon as I get a response I will post it. If they get enough requests maybe someone can be contracted to produce these in the States. I would be willing to wait for one to come from Japan if I knew for sure they fit without any modifications. All I want for Christmas is....................!

Seems like that has been settled... ?

Not sure what was ambiguous about Somecreep's post....