IGNORED

Is this stupid or what?

deedee

Oh, my GAWD, Adam,

Do LOOOONG posts HAVE to be quoted in COMPLETE form ??????????????

It was bad enough reading it the first time. Surely you didn't expect anyone to read it a SECOND time ??????ROFL ROFL

Rick.

:devious: :devious:

Sorry mang! I started by quoting only part of it but wasn't sure which part would best get the point across so I quoted it all. That doesn't mean you have to read it, all, or at all, and the space bar is only a fingertip away. ;)

how do u quote just a paragraph

it's a manual process. start by clicking the "QUOTE" button in the post you want to quote in your post, then when that text appears in your "REPLY" page, you manually highlight and delete the text that you do not want to be quoted in your post.

and also how to quote 3 0r 4 sections? like when u whan to make a comment after each quote.

it is a manual process. start by clicking the "QUOTE" button in the post you want to quote in your post. Look carefully at the text to be quoted in your reply page. You will see what are called "HTML tags" at the beginning of the text which have "brackets" like this [ ] surrounding the words "QUOTE=the members name". This marks the beginning of the text to be quoted.

At the end you will see the same brackets [ ] surrounding this " /QUOTE " which marks the end of the text to be quoted. You will have to insert these HTML tags wherever you want to start and/or stop quoting. Type your comments after the (note that the HTML tags must be in capital letters)

I have a couple neighbors with sticks up their asses on my street. My Z was parked out front, without new tags (about a month expired), and I had no engine in it. One of my neighbors called the cops and tipped them about the lack of an engine in my car and the expired tags, so the cops came by and nailed me with a $250 "Vehicle Abatement" fine. They said that I abandoned the car, and said that the vehicle would be towed if I didn't get new tags and move the car out of the street since it had no engine. My father and I ended up pushing the Z into the driveway, and I paid the fine.

My father has a '71 Porsche 914, and he hasn't registered the car since '91. It has been parked in the driveway ever since we moved to this house, and one of the neighbors tried to bitch about the Porsche at the same time they griped about my Z. I called 4 different enforcement agencies, and they all said that as long as the vehicle isn't an eyesore, that if it is parked on my property, it doesn't matter if it has registration or not. The car isn't an eyesore, it just needs a new paint job and a good cleaning, some new tires (it has wood blocks under the frame right now), so we didn't have to worry about the Porsche. I'd call your local enforcement, and see what they say about the situation.

In 1986 I bought a house in a snooty neighborhood in Round rock TX, Austin suburb, I had a 1971 Toyota Corona with 40k miles that was basically a new car as a "spare car" it was parked in the street with expired tags, someone complained, I moved it into the drivway and made myself a 5 gallon bucket of mud pies and coated the car completely glass and all, made for quite a site, and left it that way for a week, washed it and moved it back to the street, oddly there was never another complaint lodged, Mike

This thread is amazing to me. It sounds like a bunch of ignorant whiney dumb asses.

It's real simple guys...the people filing the complaints obviously read their deed restrictions and or ordinances that are in place when they moved in. Didn't you?

Ever hear of property values? They are interested in their investment....you see it's about their money. You are messing with their money. Do you like it when people mess with your money?

Suggestion...Move to the part of town where you get your Z's used parts.... if you don't want to be hassled. But be warned....it sounds like some of these junkers might accidently be picked up and crushed.

This thread is amazing to me. It sounds like a bunch of ignorant whiney dumb asses.

It's real simple guys...the people filing the complaints obviously read their deed restrictions and or ordinances that are in place when they moved in. Didn't you?

Ever hear of property values? They are interested in their investment....you see it's about their money. You are messing with their money. Do you like it when people mess with your money?

Suggestion...Move to the part of town where you get your Z's used parts.... if you don't want to be hassled. But be warned....it sounds like some of these junkers might accidently be picked up and crushed.

You bring up a very good point. I'm not sure anyone really thought about it that way. Your tact could have been better but whatever.

I guess what bothers me most is that people no longer get to know their neighbors. If I had a problem I would address it directly with my neighbor and try to resolve it or find a compromise. As soon as you get a third party (police, commitee, etc) involved people feel manipulated or slighted, and that creates resentment. Anyway, get to know your neighbors so this doesn't happen to you. My 2cents.

I agree, but when there are no restrictions or dumb rules about my neighborhood, then it's uncalled for. I can understand the whole tag thing, that's fine, but when a neighbor calls it on you out of spite, I think I have a right to be angry. My Z has a better looking paint job than most Z's I see around, and it was kept clean in front of my house. As I said, all I had was less than a month expired tags, and no engine in the car. No wires hanging down, no hanging exhaust, nothing. My neighbor just turned out to be a bitch. :D

I would complain if I lived in a neighborhood with a car in the front lawn with grass growing around it. Call me selfish, but, my home is an investment and I want that value to grow.

I have had my fair-share of cars in the driveway, but, they usually aren't there longer than a week or two. If I do keep a junker, it's hidden along the side and out-of-sight from the front.

Our neighborhood has CC&R's to cover this kind of thing. These are ordinances to control things like this. It also covers things like house paint color, commercial businesses, storage materials, etc. It's all pretty normal stuff.

You bring up a very good point. I'm not sure anyone really thought about it that way. Your tact could have been better but whatever.

I guess what bothers me most is that people no longer get to know their neighbors. If I had a problem I would address it directly with my neighbor and try to resolve it or find a compromise. As soon as you get a third party (police, commitee, etc) involved people feel manipulated or slighted, and that creates resentment. Anyway, get to know your neighbors so this doesn't happen to you. My 2cents.

Who me? Tactless.:classic: I meant to be...after reading some of the posts. They seemed clueless about seeing anything but their side.

You are right on... about people getting to know one another. It makes one aware of what is going on, who people are, how they think and less likely to take the attitudes some of these posts reflected. Shall we say more willing to be respectful of others?

I am no picture perfect example. Close..(just Kidding) I am in the middle of a complete frame up resto. and for the most part it has been done in my garage in what could be termed a "snooty neighborhood". I have banged, beat, welded, primed and painted there. Not a negative word from anyone (except my wife). But we won't go there. The reason is respect and understanding for what and who is around me. Hell...I have neighbors coming by wanting to see how the car is coming along. All along wishing they had something like that going on. Some come by to visit don't have a clue what kind of mess I have been making in the garage.

The key is... I know my surroundings and what it takes to get along. 99% is communicating with others and respect for your environment.

There that is my final .02....

Good night .....I am going to bed.

Jackhammer, I fully understood where you were coming from. The 'ignorant whiney dumb asses' aren't the ones calling the cops. Tactless? No man, you're spot on on this one. I'm a homeowner and I make every attempt to get to know my neighbors, especially the ones next door or directly across the street. They make better allies than advisaries. To put your car in the driveway and cover it with mud serves what purpose. I'm glad I don't live in that neighborhood. I think I'll stay out of this from here on since there are only a few in this thread that 'get it'.