IGNORED

Is this stupid or what?

deedee

My county calls it the "Junk Vehicle Ordinance"

Quote---

10.42.110 Keeping of Unregistered, Wrecked or Junked Vehicles

It shall be unlawful for any person in charge or control of any property within the city, whether as owner, tenant, occupant, lessee, or otherwise, to allow any non-operating, wrecked, junked, or partially dismantled vehicle to remain on such property longer than thirty days.

It shall be unlawful for any person in charge or control of any property within the city, whether as owner, tenant, occupant, lessee, or otherwise, to allow any vehicle which has been unregistered for more than thirty days to remain on such property

End quote--

There are ways to get around this. Put the vehicle in a shed, or get a "Hobbyists Permit".

"A hobbyist permit is for the restoration or repair of up to 2 vehicles. The location of the vehicle must be the same as the applicant's address.

Obtain an application from the Lincoln City Clerk's Office, or download an application from their InterLinc website.

Fill out the application and file it with the City Clerk.

Pay $50.00 fee for each vehicle. Permits are good for 180 days"

I took my extra Z's out to a friends acreage and put them in a barn. Up on blocks to try and keep the critters out of them.

If you live in a more well to do area, they'll crack down pretty hard. If you live in a more blighted area, they don't care at all.

hmmm thinking

So are they just picking on nissans ?

"deeded" and other nissan lovers there has to be away around this.

This news saddens me all that nissan technology going to waste.

My friend had a problem like yours, had to remove the car got a lousy $50.00

I won't say what i think of them on air except,

My grandfather was a dentist and so I can't show my face on T.V or Internet.

So would it help if you were working on sum engine mods to confirm/verify data for a business venture in Austraila,

Building the perfect Internal Cumbustion Engine........

I would Register engine no, body no, block type, head type cc in cumbustion chamber

no of leaf blowers etc the more the better,anything cheap is good to

like my turbo coke bottle just add silycon.

see cheap mod ....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18574

and any other thing i can think of, "help me out here"

I would store this in a spread sheel as part of my World Wide Experment.

Including next mod waiting to be done.

Including next engine non destructive test.

Including next engine test to find the peak power point before total destruction.

Stuff like

How to Add a leaf blower and get an extra 10 KW, I have got curcuits to email.

Hey I have room for at least 10 of these in my wagon,

Can you get electric start 2 Stroke leaf blower....... opps restricted information

Bit of a plumbing nightmare, but possible.

Anyway if the powers to be need some proof.

I Have some very interesting photos which I can email.

I Have A Suitably Qualifed Mechanic (Retired "Convertional Thinking Person") to confirm my findings.

He's quite impressed with my current engine.

I still needs tuning

It has to be computerised to avoid self distruction, as the previous engine.

I still have data and some of its listed on www.smokingwheels.myphotoalbu.com

I can supply my first program with sum errors and bugs (features), including a xls file to calculate timing, the setup of such computer (see below for rates)

I would go to the extreme of making a short AVI to emailing it to " the powers to be".

Charges and Rates 2005

Hard copy hmmm at least $1.9999999E+99999999 au$, or several million $ per picoSecond, which ever in higher....(Thankyou Bill Gates)

On the serious side (retricted information)

I guess you would have to prove that I have ownership of the car or pile of parts.

send me photos.

In return I would do the same to you but no one would know that,

otherwize i guess its headed to the crusher.

If you got this far

well does it not infringe on sum of our Civil Rights/freedom somewhere along the lines

but remember time is short in this case

Im all ears

cheers big ears (big brother)

Im very thankful i live in my neighborhood.. Ive got a swamp to the left of me, neighboors ( that once were evil but we drove them outa their house) that are moving, ppl to the right of me own 4 harleys a couple BMW's and he absolutely loves classic cars, ppl behind me dont care wtf i do and im friends with them and everyone else on my culdesak is cool with the exception of 1 family but they live the farthest away. I have yet to get any complaints about vehicles and i have a boat that couldnt look any worse thats been out there for 2 years in the road, a taurus that doesnt have a title, a 72 240z parts car on jacks ,covered by a tarp and parts everywhere, a snowmobile trailer filled with parts, and a 76 280z all in my driveway. This doesnt even include the 3 daily drivers in my house. Wow... my yard looks like sh*t!

Couple things you could do.

1. Rent a storage unit. usually under 100 bucks a month and gives you a place to work on your Z. I've currently got mine in a 300 Square Foot Space that I'm paying $150/mo. for.

2. If you are planning on a professional paint job in the future... It may prove productive to spray bomb it. A $20 of rustoleum spray paint could make it nice and shiny enough and look good enough so that the neighbors would stop complaining. Obviously NOT a permanent solution, but if the car gets painted later on anyways, may help.

Will has the right idea, you must find out what the statute currently says.

I had a similar problem in Athens, GA. All cars must run, be insured and titled unless a current race car. It resulted in the offending 76 280 moving to the garage and my newest 78 280 living in a parking place in front of a friends business in Oglethorpe County. My running 78 280Z now is in the elements outside the garage.

I am working on the idea of adding a shop behind my house, 25 x 25, but have to avoid the "garage" label as the subdivision restrictions only allow covered storage, ie: carport or garage with two doors or spaces. Not even a three car garage is allowed. If I cared to move a number of different things, including a sailboat and 20 ft equipment trailer, I could put it in the back, behind the six foot stockade fence.

There are ways around any statute.

In my Canadian city, non-tagged vehicles must be covered by a tarp if they are in your front or back driveway. Even vehicles with current plates can be towed if left longer than 48 hours on the street.

A number of years ago it was-40 in january, and I had a chevy caprice sitting on the street and a fire hydrant or water main broke up the street. My house is at the lowpoint on the block. So all the water settled in front of the house before it froze the car in solid. I wasnt driving the car at the time, so I figured I would wait a few weeks and let it thaw out. Anyway, I noticed several tickets on my car the morning I was leaving for a business trip. Yeesh...

You might want to check into that.

Glad I live in a cool neighborhood. I had my 28 ford sedan setting outside. Just the tub on a dolly and people were stopping and checking it out. Complimenting and talking about there cars from the past. My 280z has been sitting on the side of the garage looking like hell and no complaints. The next time the cops come out be cool to them. They probably don't want to be there either. Just ask them how to make things right. They might be cool about it and offer some advice.

• 3 months later...

I think somebody is smoking more than wheels.... LOL

hmmm thinking

I won't say what i think of them on air except,

My grandfather was a dentist and so I can't show my face on T.V or Internet.

So would it help if you were working on sum engine mods to confirm/verify data for a business venture in Austraila,

Building the perfect Internal Cumbustion Engine........

I would Register engine no, body no, block type, head type cc in cumbustion chamber

no of leaf blowers etc the more the better,anything cheap is good to

like my turbo coke bottle just add silycon.

see cheap mod ....

http://www.classiczcars.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18574

and any other thing i can think of, "help me out here"

I would store this in a spread sheel as part of my World Wide Experment.

Including next mod waiting to be done.

Including next engine non destructive test.

Including next engine test to find the peak power point before total destruction.

Stuff like

How to Add a leaf blower and get an extra 10 KW, I have got curcuits to email.

Hey I have room for at least 10 of these in my wagon,

Can you get electric start 2 Stroke leaf blower....... opps restricted information

Bit of a plumbing nightmare, but possible.

Anyway if the powers to be need some proof.

I Have some very interesting photos which I can email.

I Have A Suitably Qualifed Mechanic (Retired "Convertional Thinking Person") to confirm my findings.

He's quite impressed with my current engine.

I still needs tuning

It has to be computerised to avoid self distruction, as the previous engine.

I still have data and some of its listed on www.smokingwheels.myphotoalbu.com

I can supply my first program with sum errors and bugs (features), including a xls file to calculate timing, the setup of such computer (see below for rates)

I would go to the extreme of making a short AVI to emailing it to " the powers to be".

Charges and Rates 2005

Hard copy hmmm at least $1.9999999E+99999999 au$, or several million $ per picoSecond, which ever in higher....(Thankyou Bill Gates)

On the serious side (retricted information)

I guess you would have to prove that I have ownership of the car or pile of parts.

send me photos.

In return I would do the same to you but no one would know that,

otherwize i guess its headed to the crusher.

If you got this far

well does it not infringe on sum of our Civil Rights/freedom somewhere along the lines

but remember time is short in this case

Im all ears

cheers big ears (big brother)