IGNORED

Zed?

SuperDave

The letter Z is pronounced many different ways in different languages. For instance, German pronounces Z as "tsett". Z has meaning also and is used to symbolize "ultimate" and conveys the idea of infinite.

a 240z is said two forty zee in America...everywhere else its a two forty zed and when just saying 'z' they say 'zed' that is how the alphabet z is said...esp on that continent out in the boonies, heh. in typing they should just type z but phonetically type out zed...its a cool name anyways, so I don't mind...I'm actually getting the license plate '72 ZED' so I really do like it.

I find it curious that everyone I have met from around the world knows that Americans say "ZEE", yet there are still some Americans who didn't realise most of the rest of the world says "ZED"! I blame Sesame Street!! LOL

Before this forum, I knew of the Zed pronunciation, but was exposed to it so scarcely, it was always a shock when I did hear it. A friend from Canada came over 4 years ago and said "Wow! Cool! A Zed car!" and it caught me off guard for a second. Nowadays, I'm immune to reaction from long association with you guys.