IGNORED

240Z with 502 big block

Hrududu

Interesting car but what a stupid response from Beandip.

My apologies for that poor choice of words.

What I should have said was " the response from Beandip didn't need to be so rude."

It's remarks like that from you "seasoned" club members that makes the newer members hesitate to contribute.

Greg

I really don't see Gary's response as rude. If we are a 'Classic' Z club and we tend to be kind of a refuge from all of the 'V8-your-Z' or 'Rice-up-your-Z' type sites. I think the general consensus here is against that sort of thing, and that has been stated quite often. The 'newer club members' need to understand that this is not one of those sites. Maybe he could have worded it differently but it really didn't bother me and in the real world the epidermis needs to be a little thicker. I don't come here to read about clear taillights, V8 engines, 22' wheels, picnic bench wings, fart can exhausts, but I know that suff is here. And I, as does everyone else, have a right to voice my opinion against that kind of stuff if I am of a mind to. 'Classic', to me, involves some degree of interest in the history of the automobile. If you want to call a V8 Z a Z, then go ahead. Just don't try to force that opinion down the throat of somene that doesn't agree.

My apologies for that poor choice of words.

It's remarks like that from you "seasoned" club members that makes the newer members hesitate to contribute.

Greg

No kidding, If you really dislike what i have posted that much, i can go find myself another board if i have offended some of you with a Z that has a V8 in it. Maybe someone like me just won't work here with a buch of "seasoned" Z owners. Though im not sure what it is that makes you so uptight about it since i know some of you have done V8 swaps yourself. If you no longer see this as a classic Z, then i am missing something. Had this been a 350Z or even a 300ZX i could see your point and i would have never posted it in the first place. If you people don't like to see it or read about this kind of thing, then what are you doing in this part of the board? This is in fact the modified Zcar area. Im not telling everyone to go out and do this to their car, im just showing you a car i thought looked cool. Personally i would not do this to my own Z because i know that it is not ment to be a drag car, I think that much work should be spent on a different kind of dragster, and i don't have to $$ to invest. If This is such a bad thing then you can have someone lock this or delete it. I would hate to have some people pissed about something as stupid as this.

Hrududu, don't worry about them, hell every thing i ever say gets twisted, manipulated, critisized, and what ever else some people can think of. You learn to ignore most of them, especially some of the senior members. Its too bad us newer members can't ask a simple question without getting the "what for". Oh and one more thing try not to use !!!! marks, I have found that also pisses some people off!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL

What is so "Classic Z" about it? About all that even resembles a Z is the sheetmetal (or fibreglass repro body panels). What else of a Z nature is even in the car? Clock? Ashtray?

Look man, I'm not saying I wouldn't want a ride down the strip in it. I'm quite sure that it would be a blast. And I'm equally sure the owner enjoys working on it and racing it. No critcizm of that either. Also I'm not critcizing you for posting the link. It's been posted here before, but as stated by others (and myself previously) this club is populated by many more "purists" and you won't find many of us drooling over cars like that. If that is the kind of car you are really interested in, you'll find that there are other clubs populated with folks who are really into those kind of cars. Not every site fits everyones taste.

cremmenga, ....whatever.