IGNORED

I know I'm stupid thats why I have you guys to help me!

cremmenga

Well i have some car smarts, I am 20 yrs old I have restored my 1967 firebird I bought when i was 15. I do know somethings about cars! I just don't like to F*CK things up when I know I can check several places before doing it and one of those places is this web site and you guys!!

Exactly, which is why do dont need people hassling you when all you did was come here for help. Theres alot of negativity here.

Maybe if people have nothing constructive to add, they should refrain from posting.

Exactly, which is why do dont need people hassling you when all you did was come here for help. Theres alot of negativity here.

Maybe if people have nothing constructive to add, they should refrain from posting.

Alot of what I post is based on 'been there, done that' and in my sometimes crude way I was just trying to give him a 'heads up' on what he's in for. He should have mentioned earlier that the smog pump itself was toast. Maybe someone here could have helped him find one. It's more trouble and expense to remove the entire system than to simply replace the pump. As for DGV's, I think less of them than flat tops, that's JMO. But, as Carl says, we have meandered all over the automotive landscape here and it gets kind of frustrating when you see advice and/or suggestions being given and seemingly not being followed. And then the same questions being asked again in another thread. There are two 'cremmenga somg pump' threads. Why? No one, at least not I, is assuming that the man is stupid. That's why you ask questions. To gain knowledge. Not one of us here was born with the necessary expertise to work on these cars. We learned. But this is a public forum. In a public forum I have become accustomed to criticism. I've had some aimed at me and I've levied out some. If you think it's bad here, check out some of the other fourms. Thicken up that skin.