IGNORED

15" Rewinds

Go240Zags

They fit on nicely, but the plastic centering rings were so thin, they shattered as soon as torque was put on the wheel. I'll have to have some metal ones made up.

Plastic Centering rings? What are they? Which size wheels did you buy?

I bought a set of 14" X 7" Rewinds. I haven't installed them yet, but didn't notice any Plastic Centering rings when I inspected the wheels.

Doesn't anyone care how there car handles on this site? It seems like everyone is picking tires by the way they look instead of performance...

On another note my rewinds will be here this week, and by the looks of the orange car i cant wait!

Doesn't anyone care how there car handles on this site?

Thats not fair! Of course we care how it handles. Anything is going to be a performance upgrade over what was stock on these things. Granted I am not looking at racing my car so ultimately ride quality and aesthetics win out over "handling performance". If I really wanted handling I'd be going with 16 or 17 inch wheels. Different strokes for different folks!

Roopz, the 205/55R15 is a little smaller in diameter than stock, about the same diameter as the 225/50R15 that most are using with the 15" wheels. The smaller diameter gives you the benefit of slightly lower gearing. The 55-series carcass is generally stiffer than the 60-series carcass, so likely to handle a little better.

Carl, I bought the 15x7 Rewinds in 0 offset, but my dealer supplied me with lugnuts and centering rings.

If you notice, none of the Rewinds are bored specifically for the Z; rather they are made to fit a range of cars. It is common for the multi-fit aftermarket wheels to use centering rings. Unfortunately, in this case they are REALLY thin (I guess the bore of the wheel is not that far off the size of the hub) and fragile. Also, in the past my "plastic" rings have been more of a nylon-type material, these are more of a hard plastic - which would tend to break easier.

cheers,

Carl, I bought the 15x7 Rewinds in 0 offset, but my dealer supplied me with lugnuts and centering rings.

Thanks for the info, Speed.

Is there any chance that you could post a close detail picture of a lugnut (not installed) so I can see what type of lugs that I need to get. The wheels I got from ggtyler didn't come with lugs. Thanks in advance.

Carl

Is there any chance that you could post a close detail picture of a lugnut (not installed) so I can see what type of lugs that I need to get. The wheels I got from ggtyler didn't come with lugs. Thanks in advance.

Carl

He told me any "Tapered" lug nuts would do.

Carl

Hey Carl.... unfortunately, I won't be able to send you a picture of a lugnut for a couple of weeks at least. As you may have noticed from the pictures, we are still in the middle of winter here.... ok, maybe the tail end. The car is at a garage I rent, and I will likely not be going out there again for a few weeks. I'll be happy to send you a pic when I do bring the car home...

cheers,

Ayan