IGNORED

How much $$ have you spent on your Z ?

daddz

How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?  

291 members have voted

1. 1. How much $$ have you invested in your Z(s)?

• Under $1,000
    • $1,000 to $2,000
    • $2,000 to $4,000
    • $4,000 to $8,000
    • $8,000 to $12,000
    • $12,000 to $16,000
    • More than $16,000

I keep an excel sheet with a tally of expenses and a description of what was repaired, replaced etc. It's a good idea for when you come to sell it. The prospective buyer will love to see it even though you might get heart pains each time you see the total spent. I can tell you (less petrol) how muh I've spent to the cent.

Interesting poll daddz.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 15k in new parts alone for my hls30-150826 that does not include any rebuilt parts.see when I got the car it had beed sitting in the same garage spot since 1983.it had been partially torn down and boxed up

I got the car w/less than 60k miles on the odo and all of the records from th e first owner.it's a 73 that I just could'nt pass up.most of the parts I have I've been collecting since my first z and never used any of them.some I have loaned out.most I've sold through my business. I bought 15-20k in nos z parts from an old employer[some of which will also go on my future 70 that I'm working on bying at this time.you may not believe me when I tell the vin [hls30- 00025] Ive been working on this car for the last 7 years at my currant employer and now she wants sell it for 5600.00.]wish me luck.

I know your [our] site does not deal w/ the newer z's but I also own a 90

n/a which I'm curranlty doing a twin turbo conversion on.$$$$$$$$$

I'll make up some of my money back by selling the vg30de,5spd,harness and the ecu from the 90.

JZM

yes it's a great deal.like I said I've been working on this car for a few years

now. It's not a rust bucket.I put some very close to stock floor boards in it

a couple of years ago.it still has the original paint[no joke] its blue w/white.

It does need to be restored and thats just what I plan to do with it.it will be as stock as it gets.I may even drive it once or twice when its done.

[ya right!] considering Zs are what I do for a living theres not to many bad Zs

out there.believe me I've seen some pretty bad early ones and brought them back to were they should be.

JZM

• 3 weeks later...

I'm only a few 'Buy It Now' clicks away from $35k on my '82 not including the trailer, lift, MIG welder or plasma cutter that adds up to another $7500 + miscellaneous other tools. If you include all that, I'm already over the $40k mark... And Jeff Priddy's car is probably better than mine, but he has over $40k in just parts, I figure he's got enough sweat equity in his to add another $40k to the price.

It'll be a cold day in hell if my wife ever get's on this board and finds out...

The $10k paint (already included in the total) is going on as we speak. I'm working my butt off to get it ready for MSA. Once the paint is done, I've gotta finish off the interior, clean up the notchy shifter and get the motor precisely tuned. I want to make a big splash on the dyno day.