IGNORED

Poll: Should we prevent gallery downloads?

Mike

Should Gallery Images be Protected from Download?  

140 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gallery Images be Protected from Download?

• Yes! I do NOT want people downloading my images!
    • No. I don't care if people download my images.
    • This is a stupid poll. Images aren't that important and I don't care.

I could give a flyin' fudge if anyone wants to download my car. I've posted pics on a public forum so my rights went out the door IMO. I really can't believe it's come down to this. Nothing is more pleasing to the eye then a picture of a beautiful Z. Come on people, upload your Z's so we can all enjoy the car! :D

Vicky

I've posted pics on a public forum so my rites went out the door IMO.

If I thought my 'rights' had gone out of the door once I posted pics into my classiczcars.com Gallery, then I would not post any pics whatsoever.

Anybody who uploads pics to the Gallery on this site ( even the ones who dont give a "rats a$$" or a "flyin' fudge" ) has a right to expect that any misuse or misrepresentation of those pics will be met with the correct response from the site.

I do want to "share" ( show ) pics for us all to enjoy, but if I thought that by uploading them to the Gallery on this site I was giving them away to be used by anybody and everybody, as and when they please, then I would NOT post any pics at all.

Unless you have been faced with the reality of hijack and misuse of your photos you probably will not be able to relate to how it feels.

Alan T.

I've had a re-read of this thread and have come to this conclusion...

No one is actually against people downloading the images that have been uploaded to this site...

What they object about is...

Use of the image without recognition given to the uploader or photographer or who ever owns the image.

I can image how I would feel if I saw an image of my car on another site or this site for example, being portrayed as being owned by some other person.

This has happened on this site, unfortunatly the true intention of the thread has become clouded by members objecting to not being able to download for personal use rather than re-publishing as ther own.

Nuff said, I'll now make myself a cup of tea and have a Bex and lay down...

MOM

Anybody who uploads pics to the Gallery on this site ( even the ones who dont give a "rats a$$" or a "flyin' fudge" ) has a right to expect that any misuse or misrepresentation of those pics will be met with the correct response from the site.

Alan T.

Alan,

In an open forum, you make your own identity. Unless Mike is going to start using some form of identity authentication, and move to a validated and verified membership, there will be no accountability because there is no explicit identification.

You don't like what is happening(I don't either). You and I send off a blistering email telling the jerk what he did was wrong. Do you really think he read past the first three words. That email had two consequences, each of us may have felt better after writing, and the jerk hit the delete buton as soon as he read something he didn't want to.

Mike throws him out. He sets up a new free email account, and logs back in as "IMnew", continues doing his thing with your pictiures only now under a different name. Does this sound familiar? I am sure you remeber the thread...

People will avoid the end with teeth and claws, but this animal effectively has none. There is only one real consequence, and it is readily circumventable!

I would rather Mike spent his time making the site what he wants it to be, interactive, informational, and easy to use rather than running around spending his time griping at people who are going to do what they are going to do anyway.

Your expectation is unrealistic given the inherent nature of this club, its taxed resources, and the cost of investigation and litigation of an infraction.

With no real consequence, behavior will not change!

The only real consequence of doing what bothers us to the abuser is having to read three words and pressing the delete button. Would that stop you from doing anything?

Will

Will

Unless you have been faced with the reality of hijack and misuse of your photos you probably will not be able to relate to how it feels.

Alan T.

Believe me, Alan, I can relate to what you are saying, but what is the solution? Nearly 90% of the members who voted don't mind if their pictures are downlodable and yet the galleries are locked up. I personally don't have the answer that will satisfy everyone and I don't know if there is one.

Whatever the final decision, I'm thankful for this topic and the discussion that came before it. It has not been futile. Now that more people (over 2500 views in the 2 topics) have seen it and read it (even if most didn't really get the point..) we're more aware of the issue and how people feel. Like I said in my other post in this topic, the large majority of "mistaken identity" are by accident I feel (e.g. the Moyest case - you started all of this mate ROFL).

snip

Now that more people (over 2500 views in the 2 topics) QUOTE]

Thats a pretty big claim, IMHO those numbers don't stack up. This thread has had 740 views and 46 post's.

Mathematicaly, that makes 16 individual posters only.

Now we can go back and make an actual count...

MOM

PS, Thought of Politics as a career. you make a good numbers man...

Thats a pretty big claim, IMHO those numbers don't stack up. This thread has had 740 views and 46 post's.

Mike, LOL!

The two topics (this and the moyest one) have had that many views! Not unique views, but there is no way to count that... I think the fact that this thread has had 740 views and only 46 posts tells us that there is a LARGE population of visitors here that do not post. If you look on the "Who's Online" section a lot of the time there's a 3:1 ratio of "guests" to "members". Pretty interesting.

Anyway, yea, the 2500 figure isn't exactly accurate, but it sounds good ROFL

I could never be a politician, I'm not a very good liar. :tapemouth