IGNORED

Gas Tank Wanted!!!!!

71datsun240z

also ill be needing the sending unit of course if any body has one for a 71 240z let me know because im looking to replace all fuel companents.. and for the engine who whould i ask about performance is there anybody here in particular because i want my engine to put out 4.2-4.6 litres and be stroked.. basicly i want to have the power of the v-8 engine but not the problems of the car with it bieng off balance you know? the stock 240 is a 2.8l right? hey you guy does any body know where to get an old school supr engine ive heard of people doing that and have seen some puuuurty pics of 240z's with hearts of toyota's

A stock L-28 from a 280 is 2.8 litres, the 240 engine is 2.4.

You will never get anywhere near 4 litres from an L series engine. A 3.1 stroker will cost you in the neighborhood of $4,000-$6,000 if it is done right.

Yes, a Toyota Supra engine has been used in a Z, but then again price is a major issue.

If you want V-8 power you will need a V-8. It will be cheap (V-8's are everywhere) compared to your ideas for an engine swap. For about half what a 3.1 stroker will cost you could have a V-8 in the car. Check out www.hybridz.com for any info you need for a V-8 swap, we at this site tend to stick to original Datsun engines. I'm not being rude, their site is all about engine swaps and mods, and if you need to know what you can expect to pay for a V-8 swap they will know, and weight is not an issue. A V-8 with aluminum heads and intake will weigh less than the stock L series.

A V-8, even a stock 305 Chevy has as much hp and more torque than you could get out of a Z engine. Torque is what you need for acceleration, hp just keeps it moving.

Jags That Run has a V-8 swap kit that will give nearly 50-50 weight distribution, and yes the V-8 could possibly end up being lighter. If you really want V-8 power the only way to get it is with the V-8. You could use a 300ZX Twin Turbo engine, but it will not have the torque of a V-8 and the cost will be astronomical compared to a V-8 swap. There are millions of V-8's sitting around, you can pick up a reman long block Chevy 350 for about the price of a good header for a Z engine.

Just a thought, but I have heard that a gas tank from a 280ZX will fit if you modify the straps or other holding gear to accomidate it. I have a gast tank of an '81 280ZX left over from my conversion of an L28 into my 240Z. Never bothered with the tank but it is in great shape. Lemme know if interested.