IGNORED

Gas Tank Wanted!!!!!

71datsun240z

Hey guy, welcome to the club!

Regarding a Gas tank, it happens to be one of those parts that are hard to find period. Are you looking for one due to leaks in yours or because of fumes in your cabin? Are you sure you need a replacement and can't refurbish yours?

Sometimes some of the things I've mentioned are simple fixes and you don't need the major replace.

Again, Welcome

Enrique Scanlon

yea ive already tried to re-juivinate my tank but there are severe holes in it like swiss cheese LOL yea i saw this site on the net so it looked good so i joined. my teacher worked for nissan for 5 years working on 240z's only so iit pretty coll he is also gonna help me with getting parts and such. my uncle told me theres 1 rule for the car and thats no v8 engine so what i want to do is trow a stroker kit in it or put a desil crank in the engine and put a vortech super charger to spin the crank better. because i did want turbo at 1st but theres to much work involved with gettin the 280zx gas tank thats an 85' and then trying to get the t4 hybrid turbo alone would be to much trouble for me right now.

this car right now is going to be my every day car but i do want high performance parts header,down pipe,exaust (no catt) tri-power webbers, it has mag rims on it now and race tires, plus i want to get a 6speed trany with sequencial gears, or if i cant get that i want a b&m shift kit.

and hey is anybody wants them i have the instruction to make a AEM cold air intake system which is really easy to do and you get the same performance as the one you buy.

I have a good tank, it's either '72 or '73. I haven't compared to my '71 but it may be similar. Why don't you email me or send me a private message with your cars build date and your ZIP. I'll check the microfiche and give you an idea what shipping and price might be.

For the rest of the gang, I am still inventoring my parts but I know I have a very good 260 tank, drove the car 6 months ago, and a not cosmetically perfect but clean inside '76 280 tank.

Let me know if interested!

actually 71-73 all are interchangable on the gas tanks and the 85 280z also will fit on the 240 z liek you said the gas tank is bigger but however the problem is only that the sraps arent long enough so then all you do is use the 280 straps and bam you got a bigger tank also able to be used for a turbo charger as the 240z tank has no return on the tank and the 280's tank does which is needed for the t/4 hybrid turbo :) 450hp out of the 1 turbo:)

I have had a lot of gas left over from my parts cars, about 15 gallons. I have been mixing 1 gallon of old gas with a full tank of good gas in my 240, so far without problems(knocking on wood!). I don't have enough lawn to use it up in the next 5 years mowing. Running it through a strainer first is a very good idea! I would not recommend doing this with a fuel injected car, but carbs should be okay.

Mileage may vary! Have fun!

Royce's idea of adding a gallon of old gas to a tankful is a good way to work down your "old inventory", but take heed of his recommendation - :finger: DO NOT recyle if you have a fuel injected car.

"Old" gasoline gets its distinctive smell from the absence of the lighter, more volatile components - they evaporate over time. Moreover, some of the additives degrade and can lead to gummy deposits. One gallon (no more) in a tank of "fresh" gasoline will be diluted enough to eliminate problems in the relatively larger "openings" present in a normally-aspirated intake system. I wouldn't take the chance with fuel injection.

JIM DOZIER

I have what you need: here is my add as it appears on www.zcar.com:

F/S 72 fuel tank, refurbished inside and out, from southern california car, in better than new condition $279.00 or best offer. includes: tank, sender & overflow tank. I was going to use it on my race car restoration, but have gone with a fuel cell instead. I am in San Diego...

contact me if your interested. thanks,

Ron

rcarter@iwaynetworks.com

gretchencarter@cox.net