IGNORED

$%#! the Z just got hit...

EricB

Eric, call "THE BUMPER SHOP, INC." They are located on 828 E. Florence Ave. Los Angeles, Ca (323) 585-3865 or 2921. These guys hooked me up when I lived down in San Diego. They drove a freshly chromed bumper out to my house (3 hour drive) and exchanged it for my old beat-up bumper on the spot.

Man, that was a real close one! I guess I can chalk this one to another "Why I hate Honda Boys." Your Z is really nice! Looks a lot like the way I want to do mine up. I really feel for other Z owners who have wrong done to their car. Speaking of another "Honda" accident...my friend was driving in his Toyota Tocoma through a green light, when he got T-boned by a chick driving...well...a Civic. She wasn't paying anything to the fact her light was red. Totaled both cars. I'm glad that didn't happen to you, or any of us. Drive carefully and watch out for all the morons on the road! :tapemouth

Happy Motoring.

Hey Ed,

Where did you find those guys?

I just called them and they're totally cool... heck had I called 10min earlier one of their drivers who is on his way back from Ventura could have stopped at my work here in Thousand Oaks and picked up the bumper right now... As things stand they are picking it up tomorrow from home and will call with an estimate... wow so far so good...

-e

Eric...............S T O P driving that beauty to work!!!! You know how many brainless sheeple (people who function like a sheep) there are on the 101 or any freeway during prime time. I'm sure you own a commuter! If not, get one. Your Z is way to nice to subject it to that sort of a risk. I can certainly understand the urge to drive such a classic, but please please please spare us all from having a heart attack. Just a note; I live about 30 minutes from T.O. Also, good luck with the wifey. :rolleyes:

I was just talking to someone about that... you know it wouldn't have made a difference if I only drove the Z to work every once in a while - still could have happened just the same. From your sig you probably also have done the F54 in the 240, and well, you know just how good that feels... I only just finished break-in, hadn't driven it since December on a regular basis and can't get enough of it now... I'm sure you can imagine...

It's time like this when I wish that Mulholland didn't stop at Topanga Canyon and went all the way to Griffith Park - probably a longer drive but so much more entertaining than the 101/134...

Anyways I pulled the bumper off last night, and it's waiting to be picked up by the driver from "The Bumper Shop"... we'll see what they say when they get it back at their place... Yeah the lower valance panel is dented underneath where the bumper used to be but in the grand scheme of things it really isn't THAT dramatic... sure a panel which was once flawless now has a dent in it but not too bad... it never was a trailer queen anyways... battle scars or something like that... :)

-e

Eric,

I found those guys at a "Good Guys" car show in Del Mar, CA. Out of all the other bumper / chrome guys up there they where the only one's that knew what a Datsun 240z was.

Hope it all works out for you, let us know.

Ed