IGNORED

240Z AC Thermostat

daisensei

Are you referring to the switch that turns on the compressor and has the long copper tube to sense temperature and shut it down if the unit gets too cold? If so, they are available at a/c shops. I just replaced the one in my 78.

Thanks Stephen,

My system as a knob above the radio that turns on the system low,med, high (it its numbered 1-4) Then there is another switch on the drivers side of the consol that has a toggle switch to move from cool to heat and a knob that you can turn (I am guessing to increase or decrease the temp.) When I turn this knob a little clockwise the compressor cycles off right away.

To answer your question, I don't know what type of thermostat is on there. Do I have to remove the housing around the evaporator to find out?

The system I have is a dealer installed ARA system. It has the knob I described mounted on a small pod that mounts on the base of the dash adjacent to the side of the console on the drivers side. When I changed the knob, I had to remove the console. The end of the copper tube that is on the back of the switch is wedged in between the fins of the evaporator. There are differences in design since your car is earlier than mine but I think the knob serves the same function. I replaced mine because the compressor was on all the time.