IGNORED

How to : Install a functional DVD theater system in your 240Z or 280Z!!! :)

rice is a term used for modifications done to a car to make it look like its fast without doing anything to improve performance. False styrofoam intercoolers, oversized wings and excessive Type-R badges. etc, etc, etc.

A dvd player at least serves some functional purpose. Its great for long trips etc. and he did a good install on it. Its no more rice than taking the time to install a nice stereo.

Hey Prox, do you have to upgrade your battery or get some kind of battery booster to run all that? I know that some of the newer ricer cars have installed extras plus alot of them have to keep there engines running at shows to access all that stuff.

I don't think our basic Z's could handle to much electronics without some kind of help. I know I couldn't keep either of my cars running for the same duration (all day) that the kids do with those DVD and such.

That is a nice install job :classic:

Vicky

LOL...

no it doesn't use that much energy...

stock alternator.. and same battery.. works fine

And to that I say, "he's correct". I have "KATS" driving lights, MiiG H-4 conversion headlights, An Alpine 80? watt deck, and a 300 watt subwoofer amp. I know for a fact that all his stereo DVD player/moniter (equipment) does'nt come close to the amperage that I pull and I have a stock alternator, battery and electrical system. I never have a problem with all that stuff on at the same time, he has a newer car than mine and his electrical is probably more set-up for it.

I personally think his system will last for quite a while.

FWIW,

Dave.

P.S. decent install, I worked at "CAR-TOYS" for 5 years and have been doing car stereo stuff since I was 16. Not a bad install.