IGNORED

How to : Install a functional DVD theater system in your 240Z or 280Z!!! :)

How to : Install a functional DVD theater system in your 240Z or 280Z!!! :)

This is a small documentary/how to : install for a cheap arse.. ghetto DVD setup for your vehicle.

Total cost : $290 bux

What do I get? :

-7" Widescreen LCD monitor

-Mobile DVD player that plays DVD's, CD's, MP3's, VCD's, SVCD's and has a BUILT IN TV TUNER! To watch TV on the road :)

-FM Modulator

What is an FM Modulator? Let's say you have a CD player or a stock radio and you don't have the option to plug in RCA audio or video wires into the back of the radio/cd reciever. What an FM modulator does is it converts the RCA audio cables (Red and White like for your TV) to an FM frequency like 88.3 mHZ so I can tune to 88.3 FM and I can hear my movie playing or video games, etc. It plugs directly into your original antennea.

This is what I started with.. lots of wires and lots of wires :)

330795_89_full.jpg

Everything is hooked up and tested so now I can install everything nice and clean. I want a professional look.

330795_90_full.jpg

You have the option to plug everything into the Cigarette Lighter, but instead I hardwired everthing to the fuse bus. Sounds complicated but all you do is simply splice the wire to the Radio or Cig. Lighter cable and solder the wires onto it. Or you can wrap it around the wires and electrical tape it for a secure connection. It's not recommended but it works. This pic shows the connection of the DVD player and the LCD monitor to the RADIO wire right after the fuse bus. I attacthed it to the radio so when I turn on the car to ACC the radio and the DVD player and the LCD monitor turn on all at once, so it doesnt drain power all the time from the battery.

330795_91_full.jpg

More wires

330795_92_full.jpg

CLose up test pic... notice the "Pyle" on the LCD screen... it's my Pyle of $^!# DVD setup :)

330795_93_full.jpg

nice work man:) my girlfriend is demanding i get a screen installed so she can play the playstation while i'm out talking at the car meets each weekend:)

i never thought of putting the screen in the glovebox, the ps2 was giong to go there,

good stuff:)

Nice work, but anyone considering this should be advised that in many states of the USA, it is illegal to have a video screen that is visable (even just barely, & from the side) by the driver. You don't have to get caught driving with it on to get busted, if a cop sees it and believes it "could" be seen by the driver , he can issue a citation.

FWIW,

• 1 month later...

Really nice work. I've thought about this addition to my Z putting it in the glove box was my intention. Seeing it done it looks great and clean.

But, alas i am Z less now. My engine went kuput my car was still great as far as everything else went. Lots of new parts but i ........GAVE... it away to a good friend that needed a car badly and would have it on the road a lot sooner than i could.

Now i have to get another car.

• 5 months later...