IGNORED

Toyota 4Runner Caliper Year Question

texasz

S12W- Vented rotor with 4 larger pistons.....

Later 4x4 V6 4Runners AND pickups have the larger piston calipers. Not just the 4 runners. These have 3 fins on the outside. They are stamped S12W on the back.

If you are looking for the non-staggered vented calipers look for the later model V6's. I know for sure all 93's+ with a V6 have them. I don't know when they started though using them though. V6's were available in 89' in both pickups and 4 runners. If you are unsure check the MC part numbers. The later V6's also used a larger bore. The staggered pistons of the vented and non vented work fine with a stock Z car 7/8 MC for sure. There may be a different stamping on the calipers but there are definately only 3 types of calipers and I'm 100% sure on the year and models above.

Ok... My '92 V6 4runner is getting new calipers and rotors Monday. I could save the old ones and put em on the Z after doing a rebuild on them? Rotors too, maybe? Also have a brand new MC, so maybe the day one goes on, rest should too?

I'm just confirming because there seems to be a myriad of answers just in this thread, alone!