IGNORED

77 280Z color wiring diagram

wal280z

Wayne, My pleasure! Honestly I'm the one benefiting greatly from this drawing and I'll do whatever I can to make it better. And no hurry on the next rev. Maybe other suggestions will come up.

Either that, or you must be one of my multiple personalities that has escaped and has established himself in PA now.

You'll never tell. LOL

• Like 1

I didn't mean I couldn't find files for the other years, I couldn't find the THREADS for the other years to post Capt's findings to.

That's why I merged the threads to make it easier, especially since the title already had them in one thread.

FWIW

E

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I've turned up a few issues with the 77 color wiring diagram:

a) Hazard Switch Illumination Lamp Missing

B) Defroster Relay Internal Short

c) Ground Connection Missing

a) Hazard Switch Illumination Lamp Missing - The hazard switch includes an internal illumination lamp, but that lamp did not make it to the color wiring diagram. Here's a snippet from the FSM showing how they represented the bulb:

hazardfix2_zpsdc104891.jpg

That works, but I find it a little confusing because of the implication that the connections to the bulb are affected by the ON-OFF switch position (which they are not). So, while simply adding the bulb to the color diagram just like the original FSM would work, I would humbly submit that it would be better represented by something like the below:

hazardfix_zpsc33bbc81.jpg

B)Defroster Relay Internal Short - There is an internal shorting connection shown on the defroster relay. Simple fix as shown below:

defrostfix1_zps7b31053e.jpg

c) Ground Connection Missing - There is a bunch of items that need a ground connection in order to function, but do not have one. Again, simple fix as shown below:

groundfix2_zps36c83a5c.jpg

This diagram is such a lifesaver (or at least a carsaver)! Can we get this post as a sticky?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Wayne, Awesome. Thanks for the help!

Out of curiosity while I got you here... There is a device on the dwg called the "Timer Unit Belt Warning". It is located to the left of the fuseblock and is near the new ground you just added. You have all the connections to it listed as US only, but the 77 FSM that I have makes no distinction for that module based on vehicle destination location.

So, is there another document somewhere that lists that module as USA only?

Thanks again!!

• 1 year later...

I just did the internally regulated alternator modification and as a side benefit of doing that work, I now know the charging systems inside and out. Armed with that dubious knowledge, I discovered a mistake on the 77 color wiring diagram.

Inside the voltage reglulator, some of the components are misplaced:

colorfixesK_zps0e7bc384.jpg

Not sure it's enough to warrant revision "L" or save it until there's more, but if I didn't write it down, I was going to forget!

This wiring diagram is better than sliced bread. Way better! :cool:

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Like 1