IGNORED

Stock or Racing Seats

Gav240z

Racing or standard seats  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Racing or standard seats

• Original refurbished.
    • Racing seats.

Great I'd already seen the pic of your seats and commented LOL. I said back then i liked them and now I still do :).

That might be the best option to find a style i like and if the color etc is wrong re do them. I believe simon www.240z.id.au think web is correct did the same and usually i don't like that kinda look but in his car looks great.

:cheeky:

If people wanna share photos of their seats that would be great :)

They look very nice I must admit. On the other hand this seat looks more to a sofa then a seat.

But it could be the colour. Working this way gives you a lot of extra work. You have to buy second hand SAAS seats, (I don’t know what they cost) take theme to the upholstery guy. He is costing a lot of money, for sure!!!.

What is your opinion of the Porsche Carrera 2 seat I mentioned, at the end the cost would be the same and they look more slimmer?

I do like them indeed, but am wondering about how much they are and anything porsche is gonna be expensive :cry: unfortunately I am still a student and money is a bit tight but at the same time i don't wanna buy something only to buy something else later.

I really like the stock seats but support is an issue and I'm not sure if padding them up extra would work or not.

I guess I really wanted everyone's opinion on them otherwise I'll keep saving what i originally planned to do and build another motor up :).

In a couple of weeks I will get to see a few Z's as I am organising another get together for the club i helped start here in melbourne and a few have racing seats in their Z which i think works well and when i see them in person do like alot so I guess I'll take it from there.

Gav

Originally posted by Z-point

What is your opinion of the Porsche Carrera 2 seat I mentioned, at the end the cost would be the same and they look more slimmer?

Those Porsche seats you showed are awesome, I think they'd really suit a Z. They remind me of a Z seat, except with more support!

The only problem would be finding some for a decent price... like Gav mentioned.

I agree those yellow seats look a little sofa-like! Gav, stop thinking about your arse and buy some REAL buckets!!! ROFL

There is someone on this forum that has the Porsche seats installed in their Zed. I do not remember whose car or what car it was, but they did look very nice in the car. The Z seats are very reminescent of the Porsche seats but the Porsche seats have a modern twist and probably a lot more support.

Ben

the member is Saint or saint Z i'll have a look. I had a look at Miata seats or MX5 as the Aussies will know it. They look nice but because there in such a cheap car I feel there cheap in general so I'm not sure.

I like my bottom BTW Alfadog haha.

Yep, those look very nice in there. You'll find they are very very supportive... and REAL leather. 944 seats have less lateral support, although I think the 944 S2 has different seats....

The later ones are electric in the 911 aswell, but it's the whole price thing though isnt it...

Originally posted by Gav240z

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2158&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=1446&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=321&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

These are by far the most accurate to what the Z came with, hmm 1 guy says there 944 seats if so they might not be as expensive.

Porsche Carrera 2 seats :)

Gav

So what is the price and or supplier of these seates?

In USA would E-bay be the best bet?

-Brandon