IGNORED

Stock or Racing Seats

Gav240z

Racing or standard seats  

85 members have voted

1. 1. Racing or standard seats

• Original refurbished.
    • Racing seats.

walked in to Auto Barn today and had a look at their seats they only stock Auto Technica are these the target of clothes? There was only really 2 options bright red or black. I was more keen on black but they are pretty heavy considering, and the look is "okish" to good haven't put them in there yet.

Anyone know a thing or 2 about these they don't even have a website that i could find. I looked at seat reupholstery kits they look like a good idea and i can even get them done in leather which would really top it off.

I am thinking about the seats Alan has now a bit more no luck with Ebay either. Alan if your reading can you PM me about your seats and what the chances are of getting a set and what i'd be looknig at in terms of $$$.

Thanks,

Gav:cheeky:

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=3489&password=&sort=7&thecat=500

Anyone know what these are? They suit the car could be a custom job i guess and they look like they lean back alot. There probably not that comfortable either judging by the padding but i spose this car was a purpose built machine.

Gav

Hi Gav,

there's a reason those autotechnica seats are a "bargain".

i bought my seats from auto barn and had a look at the autotechnica's. the autobarn guy actually warned me off them, apparently they only juuust pass the ADR requirements. and yeah they are heavy and i found them really tight and uncomfortable.

auto barn (in sydney anyway) are reps for the SAAS line of seats, see if they have a catalogue

Hey Gav, I don't know if you have come across these sites, but here they are:

http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/

I especially like the classic bucket.

http://www.corbeau.com/brochure/

here is the seat Alan was talking about.

I hope you find a nice set of seats Gav. Are you going to install harness seatbelts? That would be cool. Then there are an endless number of mods to do.

Take care,

Ben

:classic:

Yeah no Auto Technica's for me.

Corbeau looks really good and that classic bucket style is great wonder if i can get them custom done and vents installed like the ones Alan has :).

I was trying to find an Australian website for them with no luck yesterday I'll ask around cheers

Gav

hmm.. what about a combination of Z seats AND aftermarket seats?

haha.. that's the route i had to go with my SAAS seats to get them to fit in comfortably (keeping in mind im 2 metres tall)

gav, if u want good prices on SAAS seats i know people at autobarn ;-)

Hey Brett,

yeah original rails but they've had new holes drilled in them to mount the seats a bit closer to the firewall.. The shoulder support sticks out a bit and is quite literally pressed up against the side of the car!

I also had to bang in the wheel arch just a tiny bit so that the seats would sit nicely

those are standard Z seat bases with SAAS backs attached to em.. they've been retrimmed to match and had new padding put in to give a bit more support..

I'm still considering getting a company here in melb called Auto Imaging to retrim them in tan and retrim some other parts in my interior

the seats I have are corbeau similar to the 'baja' they are black vinyl with a grey cloth center. They have a good fit and keep me planted. I'm thinking if I ever were to worry with sprucing up my interior I'd have the centers recovered in black vinyl with chrome grommets similar to the ford gt 40 seats. After I get the mahogony moto-lita wheel etc that is... you know how hi-tone I am....

Bryan

ROFL

i would go with racing seats look better feel better what more you want you could personalise them like i did my seats i bougth a recaro seat then said to my uphoster guy was looking for another he said dont work stip it down and build a seat frame to match ill cover them them the same so i ened up with pair of leather cover one off recaros with a z stitched into the head rests have a look in my gallery

Mick