IGNORED

GRM 240Z vs 350Z comparo

2ManyZs

a quick question to find out why alot of you feel the 350z isnt a sportscar,

If the 240z is a sportscar then why is the 350z, a 2 seater coupe, far outhandles, outbrakes and out accelerates a regular 240z, not one?

ive had the pleasure of chasing a 350z around a race track in my very modified 240 and i can safely say watching the 350 drift through corners and the way the car responded to throttle and an enthousiastic driver (before passing him down the straight :classic: ) that there was nothing unsporting about it.

Many of you stated that it's almost impossible to work on a new 350z and you prefer to work on the 240z much more. However, I have a question, Why would you need to work on a 350z ?

For $27k, it's a lot more fun to drive than a Toyota Camry! And, there is no reason to even crack the hood open.

I do appreciate my 240z (even more if it was running), so don't get me wrong. I simply think that the 350z is amazing.

Originally posted by Mike

.......... However, I have a question, Why would you need to work on a 350z ?.................

For some people it would not be a matter of "needing", but rather of "wanting" to work on the engine. Why?

MORE POWER!?

Some folks are not satisfied with the same power as every other vehicle of the same make and model. They want to be able to "beat" the other guy in a contest. Others like to "dress up" the engine. Easier to do if you have room to work.

I haven't noticed too many of my 350 buddies leaving there motors alone. Nismo exaust, more power blah blah.

we are all dorks with cars who like to tinker. But the 350z guys cars are running...I can't quite say the same. Of course my car cost 4 of there car payments... but what can I say.

This is just to good of a discussion not to get into.

I loved my early Z (before the accident) and had no intention of driving anything else. The car was bone stock but had been 95% restored. Wheels don't count in my book as a mod that makes the car faster. It might have been 31 years old, but it drove like a new 31 year old.

I've driven the 350Z on many occasions, up and down the coast of CA from LA to SF, at willow springs and the mountains of Colorado and I can honestly say it is a fun car to drive. Granted, it's fatter and heavier than I would like, but you can say the smae thing for every Z from 74.5 and newer.

Comparing my stock 240 to the stock 350 is not fair for either car. They each have differences not worth comparing such as the 350 has so much more power than my freshly rebuilt L24 could ever dream of and it's appearent when you drive both of them.And the 240 interior has a look all its own unlike the 350 which looks like any other interior of any Nissan product. And that's fine. In todays market, if you want to sell cars you have to cross platforms to make it affordable.

I will always have an early Z in my garage probably until the day I die because it has withstood the test of time and still turns heads because there are still a lot of people to this day that don't know what it is, which makes it unique. That doesn't mean I can't appreciate a different model. Yhey all have there plus and minuses and that should be left for another discussion.

I think it's great that Nissan took some advice from old Z car owners and started producing a new model. It will bring an awareness to the old Z which will make it that much more valuable as a collectors item, which in turn will maybe keep a few from going to the scrap yard when people who own them as daily transportation realize they have something worth saving instead of beating it into the ground.

You can bash the new Z for as long as you like and I doubt it's going to go away anytime soon. The Z31 and Z32 have been and still are bashed, but they've continued to thrive and have a following as deep rooted as the early Z's. Passion has no boundaries and for that I'm thankful.

All Z's are fun to drive, period.

• 4 weeks later...

im gonna throw some of my OWN stupid into the 350 argument.

But i personally think its a beautiful machine. I love the line and when i look at it i think of it as the 240's lil brother. It has too look up to and respect what came before it, and reguardless i, think it does so. It is in my eyes not a continuation of the z, but a re-birth.

Originally posted by Dead Roman

im gonna throw some of my OWN stupid into the 350 argument.

But i personally think its a beautiful machine. I love the line and when i look at it i think of it as the 240's lil brother. It has too look up to and respect what came before it, and reguardless i, think it does so. It is in my eyes not a continuation of the z, but a re-birth.

Not stupid. I agree 100%.

I joke with people all the time, and refer to my 240Z as my 350Z's great-grandmother.