IGNORED

trivia

Fun_in_my_z

Originally posted by hls30.com A "T" is painted on the inside of the roof to denote which side of the car the steering wheeel will be on

Probably because a T looks like the top view of a steering wheel, and it's easier to draw than an arrow, or some Japanese characters ( no time for that on a moving assembly line). They guy was probably using a spray can to paint it.

You gotta give them some credit tover there. They don't have the greed or vanity of business people in the U.S., so they take the TIME to figure things out beforehand and make improvements before going to assembly

Take the Honda Asimorobotic man. They don't have anything likethat in the U.S. We're still working on robot bugs, or treaded vehicles. Asimo can climb steps, or dance, and only the sophisticated millitary or police 'tanks' can climb stairs, at best.

I appologize, I can't type as fast as I think!

Bambikiller240 is right, the 260Z was our first entry in the 2+2, But we didn't get the first 260Zs. The first run of 260Zs went to another county, and were produced before the first ones to hit our shores-they were the change-over cars from the 240z production line. That means we are both right!

26th-Z I did group the L28 and L24 engines as L series, completely neglecting to exclude the other smaller versionsas S30 options. I made an assumption everyone here knew that to keep the size of the post down-oops, I appologize!

The part about the "those cars were moded by an aftermarket company (like the Scarab was here in the USA) and re-badged to give it a tie in to Z promotion-(No datsun badges on the exterior)" was all written about the 140Z from another thread, it had nothing to do with a fairlady of any kind. The Fairlady was a genuine factory offering, my point was that the 140Z was not.

TomoHawk: Good answer, I like the way you think! But we do have that uniwheeled troop transporter that is kind of like the first two years of USB-the greatest thing that never happened!

I am ashamed to admit it, but I have a copy of Delirious(who wouldn't want to look at Emma Samms and Mariel Hemmingway-ok, I'm not ashamed to admitt it, I have the movie.) and I was going to run a capture to post with some of the original S30 comercials I have.

Mr. Ramsey-I agree, someone really wants us to have good info, and I appreciate that too! I would rather be proven wrong than promote the spreading of bad info.

Some one else take the hotseat for a while, I just tried to talk into my mouse-"how quaint", what movie did that come from?

Originally posted by TomoHawk

There is a short video clip Of the McBurnie Car used:

http://www.thunderranch.com/gto1.htm

Like I said previously, one of the two cars used in that movie was at a local show here. The car is actually gutted because John Candy was such a big man. It's also not in the best shape but the guy thinks that because it was in a movie he can get bucu bucks for it. He was asking $60,000! I laughed and walked away. LOL

Originally posted by LanceM

OK, I'm waiting, what are all the rubber plugs for in the floor of a '73 240 for??? Besides starting rust???

If you ever decide to drive your car in the water (like <a href="http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/02/04/cuba.car.ap/index.html">these</a> guys) it's a way to drain any water out afterwards.

Originally posted by hls30.com

TomoHawk: Good answer, I like the way you think!

Thanks for the compliment. When you really get down to things., you can bet that EVERYTRHING HAS A SIMPLE ANSWER. No matter how complex you might think something is, it's really a simple thing or based on a simple thing. Or several simple things.

Even computers. You might think that something complex is keeping it from working right, but when you find out the real reason, you :stupid: yourself for not thinking of it before. I've been studying, servicing,programming computers for years. Even on my OWN stuff.

Take your Zed electrical system. Got a short? It's simple: something connected + to - without the load! Or maybe something doesn't work right or work at all: no connection (somewhere). Just find the (where).

How about the PYRAMIDS?? Think about that a minute. Those guys lived 2500 years ago. Computers? NO! Only simple clay tablets (rich guys had dried leaves). You could say those guys had the mind of todays 4th-graders. If you want to figure out how they built the pyramids, GO ASK A 4TH GRADER! You'd be surprised at how ingenious they are if they want to be.

...albeit they had generations of experience behind them too. :cheeky:

If you put it that way, I think it's the machine age that really messed up everything. Man was just too immature to put machines to work for him.

What i mean is that after there was the steam engine, we immediatedly went to work cutting down & burning the forests to put the engines to work for our "convenience." Then they invented the gasoline engine & cars and airplanes, so we could go take war overseas or wherever to keep our "convenient" way of life going.

Airplanes made it easier to spread contageous diseases. Cars made it easier to pollute the air, kill & hurt each other, and cover the ground with rusty old steel car bodies & tires. Not to mention the convenience of buying more STUFF to fill your house (or houses!) up, then go buy a BIGGER house to put it in!

There should have been a law that says you got to have all the answers first before you can invent something new. Or a way to recycle new materials. Or a way to clean up your mess.

What if "Americans" had stayed with horse & buggy? Or honored all those broken treatries with the American Indians? Now we're "going into space" and I wonder if we're going to mess it up out there. Maybe there are some benevolent beings out there, watching to steer people in the right direction...