IGNORED

Not run more 80mph 240z

Thanks, I'm from Mexico, I hope to be able to write English well, my car is just adjusted, I put pertronix, camshaft schneider stage 2, at 85mph the car stops accelerating and starts to fail, the timing I have at 14 degrees, the alternator Of 55 ampers, 3 ohm coil, sorry for bad english, greetings from mexico

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Classic Zcar Club mobile

Last year my car (1971 240z) drove 210km/hr thats 130 mph!  in Germany on the "autobahn" . It's completely stock, but to small tires on so the real speed will be round 120 mph.  (An audi driver wondered how long i could keep up!  Bart (bart scooterservice (also on this forum)  was in the passenger seat)  We got over here in europe the standard 5 speed gearbox !   makes a difference!  (FS5C71B) and different Diff..

@Luis Maldonado, in post #3 you said "at 85 mph it stops accelerating and starts to fail." Describe the symptom please. Does the engine cut out? (spark plugs misfiring or not firing) Any backfire from the carbs or exhaust? Does it just run out of power exhibiting no other symptom? Any smoke, odd noises or smells when it happens?