IGNORED

SU CARB 3 Screws float valve inspection and correction

jalexquijano

My su carbs are 3 screw type and were remanufactured by Z Therapy in 2015. I have never opened the float valve chamber to check if the float level is the correct one as they were inspected by Ztherapy! Do you think that even though it was done by ztherapy i should also verify this?? They were shipped by plane to Panama and some people in the other fórums state that it could have shifted abroad. Do you concur? This is very delicate and i dont want to open them and damage something inside.

19 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

My su carbs are 3 screw type and were remanufactured by Z Therapy in 2015. I have never opened the float valve chamber to check if the float level is the correct one as they were inspected by Ztherapy! Do you think that even though it was done by ztherapy i should also verify this?? They were shipped by plane to Panama and some people in the other fórums state that it could have shifted abroad. Do you concur? This is very delicate and i dont want to open them and damage something inside.

So I'm assuming you haven't run them yet?  If your having issues then maybe, otherwise I would leave it alone.  I can't imagine shipping would be all that different then shakes and vibrations from a normal running car.  Unless of course your box when shipped was and dropped from a very high distance in my opinion, but even then...

The floats are not that delicate in their installed state.  You should be able to handle them without any repercussions. Now hitting them with a hammer is a different story!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jalexquijano said:

I guess ill leave it alone and continue tuning my su carbs but now with NGK BP5ES plugs (Hotter) than stock NGK BP6ES plugs. Both idle mixture knobs carbs have been set to 2.5 turns clockwise

You can verify the float level by removing the suction chambers and pistons. (Be careful that you don't bend the needles. I temporarily set the pistons on the cowl with the needles protruding through one on the slots.) With the use of a good light, look down into the hole in the center. You will be able to see the top of the fuel nozzle. It will look like a small washer. The fuel level should be at or very near the top of the nozzle, (washer) with the mixture screws 2 1/2 turns down. Clean everything before reassembling. Let us know what you find.