IGNORED

Lower Rear Valence Replacement

gwri8

Put my 77' in for body work today to replace some typical rusted areas and get ready for paint.  I had already stripped to bare metal to identify what and if parts needed replacement. One of those areas is the lower rear valence where the bumper spacer (lip) was.   Going over it with the body guy he mentioned it would be wiser to replace than to repair the valence (too much labor involved for too many spots).

I've found a few places that have that panel (new steel) .  MSA and Zcar Source are pricey but the shipping to the east coast really makes it unreasonable.

Zedd findings has one but I've never had much success in reaching them.  

There is another option with a fiberglass replacement.  Much cheaper, but I am not familiar with any of those suppliers.

Has anyone here had any experience with the fiberglass valences?

post-29102-0-96710300-1440556843_thumb.j

Thanks Charles,

It just needs to be better than what I have, something that does not require too much welding.

Mine is rusted through all along where that lip was riveted plus all along the bottom it was eating through on both sides of the panel.

Dents are ok so long as daylight isn't visible.