IGNORED

Looking for Appliance Wheel center caps

rtaylor

The proper Appliance caps for those wheels will be hard to find, Randy. In the '80s I recall my customers having lots of rust problems with them after only a few years use. Finding a set today that aren't rusty is going to take an act of God. You may be forced to go with a different brand of cap in the same size.

Thanks guys. I've been looking for over two months. My wheels are in perfect condition, but the center caps have rust and one was damaged. I found a place in Washington yesterday that has some, three, but the guy wants $250. I like the mesh wheels, they are period correct. But I can't see paying that kind of money for center caps. I could get one panasport rim for that price

I'll try and find some after market ones, maybe MSA has some that will fit

Randy, I know that the center caps from some of the early 4 lug Enkei modular styles (the 20, 30 & 32 series) will fit the early Appliance wheels just fine. While after all this time those are likely to be rusty as well, Enkei did use better quality caps and it's possible you might find a decent set. Worth watching for, anyway.

I replaced the rusted center caps from my Appliance mags with ones purchased from Eagle ......... invoice description:

"center cap eagle 054 5-4.75"

Paid $12 each in Oct, 2003

They fit fine. Used MSA "Z stick-on emblems" for center flat.

Ordered thru local custom wheel shop.

Say, I've got four extra rims that came with my car ,I thought it was a styalized "d" on them but it might be an "A" .your welcome to them if they match. Fairly rusty(surface) if I recall correctly.

Reguards

Lawrence

Bloxman

Thanks for the link Arne. If all else fails I would consider the Enkei caps, but I am not thrilled with the squareness of the cap.

I checked with American Eagle today Ron and they no longer make those caps. I am going to try checking with custom wheel shops to see if they might still have some in stock. The Eagle caps are just about the same shape as the original Appliance caps. Thanks all.

The search continues...

Thanks for the link Arne. If all else fails I would consider the Enkei caps, but I am not thrilled with the squareness of the cap.
Understood, Randy. I agree that the Enkei caps are not as attractive.

Here's a thought - I can't remember if the Appliance wheels have a taper machined at the back side of the center hole or not. But if they do, the caps in the link below may work. They are 2.95" so that they could be pushed through from behind. But you'd need to be certain that the lip at the base of the cap doesn't interfere with the proper mounting of the wheel to the face of the hub/drum.

http://www.gorilla-auto.com/products/?sfID1=270&sfID2=271&productName=HC189+2.95%22+closed&image=6159.jpg