IGNORED

Ford engine swap?

red_dog007

Right now I am keeping my 240z stock for some while, but that isnt going to stop me from looking around at some V8 powerplants. [smile]

I have mainly been looking at LS1 engines, but have not looked over at the 5.0L and 4.6L V8's from Ford that are found in the Mustangs.

Can these engines fit in there without having to do any unnessicary work? They dont push as much power as the LS1 does, but it is still a lot of power for almost half the cost. Plus I am thinking with this, I might be able to find some aftermarket supercharger and for the same price as an LS1 and get even closer to 400hp.

Plus I am thinking about front/rear weight ratio and if the Mustang engines might be lighter than the LS1.

Anyone know a site that does Ford conversions. All I can find are LS1 conversions and LS1 how to sites.

• 9 years later...