Everything posted by lapriser
-
URGENT Help Needed with Yahoo Auctions Japan!
+1 for Jauce. just bought a mirror through Jauce and was very successful. I have a coworker who order through them often.
-
Nissan 400z Rumors
Tried my hand at sketching over a screenshot of the teaser video. Looking forward to the full reveal!
-
Console Tech
For plastics like ABS and Styrene there are a variety of options. The way to tell if its something that will glue easily is to take acetone on a qtip and wipe it somewhere on the part that isn't noticeable. if the plastic melts then you have something like ABS or Styrene. If this is the case than any of the solvent based adhesives will work well. I've had a lot of luck with this stuff for gluing Polycarbonate, ABS, and styrene to themselves and to each other: https://www.amazon.com/SCIGRIP-10315-Acrylic-Cement-Low-VOC/dp/B003HNFLMY/ref=asc_df_B003HNFLMY/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=257328193196&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=17422983547376199163&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9033288&hvtargid=pla-488800547037&psc=1 If you are fixing a crack I recommend placing a piece of plastic behind the crack bridging the two sides to give extra strength. Also be aware that if any solvent based adhesives leak out on the visible side of the crack you will likely cause a blemish due to plastic "melting" from contact. As stated above fiberglassing the area should work as well. There are also machines you can buy for "welding" the plastic back together. essentially a cross between a soldering iron and tig welding.
-
Rare Z/Datsun Parts Research
I believe I have an extra one back home. I'll try to grab it next time I'm there. Should be an easy one!
-
Rare Z/Datsun Parts Research
Which mirrors are those? I can't seem to find any images of them.
-
Rare Z/Datsun Parts Research
Hey guys, I'm looking into parts that would be suitable for reproduction via 3D modeling/Printing. Things I'm looking into are things like rare emblems, mirrors, shift knobs, and accessories. My current project is reproducing a set of Suichuuka "Flower" Mirrors as seen here: You can see progress on those here https://www.instagram.com/rl_design_fab I've also had success 3D printing Stainless steel Pillar emblems and would like to make a set of these rare versions which I think were on the 432 Z: If anyone has reference images for any rare parts that might be good candidates for bringing back to life I'd be super happy to hear your ideas! Thanks!
-
Z's only a mother could love thread
-
Yard Z
Got some images from this guy. The ad says " other wise a good power wash it shines nice....." Those dots at the end are definitely sarcasm. This thing is pretty crusty. Neither of the two bumpers are anywhere near horizontal and it looks like its been in the field it's sitting in for the last 20 years. No images of the interior yet. Guess we'll see if any of the guys going to see it tonight make the purchase like he says. Thanks for the heads up!
-
Yard Z
I've seen 4 Z's this weekend and one keeps parking in the parking garage at my work. Really making me miss my car. I'll be keeping my eyes out for sure for the right one to come along. Thanks for the update.
-
Yard Z
If you find yourself not interested I'm looking for a new project in the Seattle area. let me know if you find out any details!
-
Cheap 260 for sale. Not mine
Actually it was at least 5 hours later when I checked. Wish I could have taken a peak. Would have been right in my neighborhood.
-
Bought 2 New Datsun 240Z/Fairlady Z Walnut Shift Knobs
I'm a Prototype Engineer and have access to some 3d printers and machining tools. Would be a pretty easy part to make with the 3d lettering on the shift map.
-
Bought 2 New Datsun 240Z/Fairlady Z Walnut Shift Knobs
Does anyone have the diameter of the shift map insert? This is something I may be able to reproduce
-
--> dumb question. 280z vs 280z 2+2
so a 2+2 hatch wouldn't fit my coupe? i'm asking because the hatch to my 75 280z coupe is ruined and i know someone who wants to sell me the hatch to their 2+2. they said it was the same but now i dont know if i trust them on that.