IGNORED

--> dumb question. 280z vs 280z 2+2

marximus

hello all,

please inform me. i want to know what the differences are between the 280z and 2+2. where is it stretched to accomidate the two extra seats? i need a driver side door and i cant find any in the 2+2, so will a 280Z door fit or no? if not, where can i find a 280Z 2+2 driver door? thanks! love this site, very helpful.

mark-

im not sure if EVERYTHING is different :squareeye, i believe its only the cabin that is stretched, not the nose or hatch. i am unfamiliar with this car so i could be wrong. hmmm, this makes it difficult for me to find a good door... i have the one that came on the car, but it is rusted to s**t, the whole bottom of the door is rusted out. i have a welder, but cant reprocate the whole lower protion of the door, im not that good. uggh, any suggestions on where to find a 2+2 door, a good Z slavage yard or something? thanks again!

mark-

everything is different. the whole body itself is about 2 inches wider near the top. thats why you cant even switch out glass. its really wierd. the major changes happen from winshield back. actually, thats the only changes.

length and width, plus youve got a cool ashtry in the back of the center consol :P

bubbleguinea, your car is pretty nice. i like the look of the 2+2 for some reason, more than the regular. paint is nice too. i havent decided what color to go with yet. i am thinking a light silver metallic...

thanks,

mark-

I lived with a '76 2+2 for 10 years- http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=12372&sort=1&cat=500&page=2

As best I remember, the differences are the shell of the car:

Doors

Door glass,

Upper inside door handles(for the back seat),

Seats(they fit a coupe , but are made to be moved from the rear too)

Seatbelts

Dog leg trim

Hatch shell

Hatch glass

Sway bars,

Console(has the rear ashtray, but fits a 2 seater!)

Hatch sub floor,

hatch carpet,

Rear Harness(it is just longer than a 2 seater)

Drive shaft

Shock absorbers

Pretty much everything else is interchangeable.

I have a rolling '77 2+2 parts car with a clear title at the farm-wiring is bad, no differential mount, a few coupe fitting interior pieces missing, but most of the other parts are in good useable shape (including both the doors)if there is something you need(and aren't in a rush).

Will

• Like 1

i pm'ed this message to you hls30, as well...

that would be great! seaing as i cant find parts anywhere else, i wont mind a little wait. i really only need the driver door shell, but i would take both side if the price is good. i might need some other parts as well, but i cant think of any at the moment. are the doors in good shape? and what price would you want for them? let me know! thanks again!

mark-

• 6 years later...