IGNORED

$10.000 is not enough

Z-point

Yes, I saw this the other day when it was lower. I think that it's getting a little obsurd, how high did the seller set the reserve!? It is a pretty car and appears to be in good condition but it is a '73 after all, the least desirable of the 240Z series.

Originally posted by texasz

Yes, I saw this the other day when it was lower. I think that it's getting a little obsurd, how high did the seller set the reserve!? It is a pretty car and appears to be in good condition but it is a '73 after all, the least desirable of the 240Z series.

..............and ALL of the rubber in the car (weatherseals, bushings, hydraulic & drivetrain seals) are 30 years old. It is a very nice looking car, but IMO the buyer (if it sells) should expect to be spending some money on replacing rotted rubber items throughout the car at the very least.

I dunno, Looks like it has more than 59k on it to me! Look at the engine bay inner fender color on the drivers side. Looks like a different color and is very dirty! My car has 37K and the inner fenders have no more than a fine layer of dust on them. also it has round top carbs and a blue air cleaner. Hmm.....:ermm:

Seller says the dark color in the engine bay is ZBart coating applied by the dealer. In several other threads we have discussed the air cleaner and carbs being different than would be expected on an "all original" 73 Z car. Also, after 59K miles and 30 years, any smell in the interior could not possibly be a "new car smell" as stated in the auction.

Yeah, I e-mailed the seller and told him he was trying to pass this off as being All Original, when in fact it's not.....

He basically told me I didn't know anything about Z cars, cuz 73's did come with round top carbs.....

He also stated he's only selling this to finance a Ferrari 512BB he wants to buy.... sounds to me like he has more money than brains.

I'd like to see where he had this "professionally appraised" cuz they obviously know very little about Z cars. More like they wanted to make a buck on the appraisal, and make him feel better about his investment.:cross-eye

I believe this is the exact same one that was in a "Classic Car" auto lot in Tampa about 14 months ago. I forget what the price was, but it was way too much for the car (IMHO). I think that's where the $22,000 "appraisal" came from. As I remember, it looked way too worn to be only ~50K miles....

Maybe this guy (who says he knows little about Z cars) actually did pay a lot for it?

Looks like $13,000 is too low on the reserve..ROFL

One thing that gets me with these cars. People claim to know so much about them, however when it comes time to sell them, nobody ever shoots pics of what IIIIIIII would want to see when buying a Z.

Put the thing on a lift, and take pictures of the UNDERNEATH of the car, The battery well, Inner fender well, frame rail cradle support, hatch lip area, firewall, rockers etc. 4 pics of differant angles of the body and, 3 pics of the interior mean nothing to me as well as two top shots of the motor. The interior never plays a part on whether I buy a Z. Interior restoration is childs play and the various pics of the little 'dings' are meaningless when it comes time to have to cut out the floor.

But not that nice and not worth that much. Id like to see documented proof that its on 59k on the clock which I really doubt. He also says its all original which we know is to be untrue.

Oh one other thing I noticed was where did the door gaurds go?

Or was that something that didnt appear on all Z cars? Hell Ive been in this game for over 10 years and still dont know everything.