IGNORED

Question regarding intake balance tube.

240ZX

I've got a question for you all. Regarding the balance tube assembly on a 1970, is it the only balance tube assembly that has the fitting for the brake-vac line that point toward the firewall, as opposed to point up? I'm just curious, because most of the ones I see point up. Mine actually comes srtaight out the back of the balance tube. The vintage of my Z is....1970, mfg date 3/70, s/n 02126. Please help us older guys.

P.S. Stay young, as getting old holds no future! Unless you own a seires one Z of course.

The older series one S30's had a balance tube with the brake vacumn line out the back. It can be relocated to the top if you desire, but the brake vacumn hose is different for that location.

This is a balance tube for non-emissions, but the connection is the same. See how it could be fit on top?

post-4148-14150793112244_thumb.jpg

!

This is a balance tube for non-emissions, but the connection is the same. See how it could be fit on top?

Oh - My - God ! Where can I find a balance tube like that!?!

I've been wasting my time grinding off the bosses and looking for a mig welder to fill the holes on a "Project" balance tube, just so it can look like one that's already out there!?!

Unbelievable!

Ya gotta be lucky Victor, I've yet to find one.....

Gotta buy either a whole early car or be lucky enough to find one for sale.... my 11/70 has the later style, so can see how early a car you'd have to find...:ermm:

I think they went out about the same time as the early style 2400 valve covers.. early in the 70 model year.

Victor,

Thanks for moving my post. I just got the scoop on posting from Carl.

Regarding the balance tube...Mine is the original assembly from my 1970 with the brake-vac fitting out the back however, it did have all the extra bosses for the smog stuff. So, I went though the exercise of grinding, filing, welding, more filing, and then polishing. Lots of effort but great results.

Thanks for all the input guys!

P.S. What a great website

we have these in Australia without all the emission crap :).

Does anyone see any problems using a N36 intake manifold with a non emission balance tube?

I have a N36 spare intake manifold and an E88 intake on the car I'd like to put the best on there when i install the new camshaft and replace the engine head with the new one.

PS: What kind of places do automotive metal polishing?

Depending on what you want to polish, I suggest you try any Electroplaters in your local area or if you feel adventurious grab a angle grinder buy a mop and some tripoli and save some money.

[Mop is a cloth wheel made togo on a tapered spindle].

[Tripoli is a cutting compound available in a bars].

MOM & Bar

When I first joined this merry group, I posted a wanted for the tube. Chloe, at MidwestZ wrote back and sold me this tube. I understand, but have not seen, there is an earlier tube with no top fittings. Further research is required. This tube was listed on Courtesy's site, and no bitching about the price! This stuff isn't cheap, it's unique...and correct. Have fun!

post-4148-14150793113952_thumb.jpg