IGNORED

Why Nissan Fairlady Z

CZCar

My fender mount mirror positioning dimensions in the above file attachment only apply to an S30-series Z.

Since this thread concerns an S130 series Z, its worth pointing out that they are NOT the same................

Alan T.

Hey there Alan,

Just curious as to whether you know if there's a similar difference in positioning with the C110 fender mirrors as there is with the S30 mirrors as in your image. I should be getting some soon if all is going well, I was supposed to get them when I got the car but they were hidden away somewhere apparently the PO of the car who had it before the PO I got it off, had them removed. Strange.

Anyway if you could help I'd be very appreciative, I may even be inclined to say thank-you. :) I had a quick peek under the fenders but found no evidence of a previous positioning so I'm really hoping they are actually fender mirrors as the PO claimed.

And as far as 280ZX fender mirrors go, they look more like the ones that were on my brother's old car, which I recently just posted images of. You can find them here;

Fender Mirrors Front 3qtr

Fender Mirrors Head on

They were electric too, only problem was they vibrated a little which made viewing a little difficult at times. Still, I much prefer fender mirrors to door mirrors.

• 7 years later...

I am located here in the United States and have recently acquired a right hand drive model :-D They are a very unique and rare find over here in the states. Mine was imported from Japan by a U.S. Marine. I too have the little plaque on my center console that mentions the Car of the Year! This is my fourth 280ZX, and I plan on completely tearing it apart soon and customizing it to my liking.

Philip

p.s anyone happen to have a dash cover for sale that would fit my right hand drive dash board???

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Philip I too just aquired a 79 Fairlady Z 2+2 Mine is all original. Mine too was a military man who brought it over. I have been watching this forum for years as I had a 72 240 for 13 years but finally just joined. I always wanted a Fairlady. I am in AZ so we may need to chat.