IGNORED

Why Nissan Fairlady Z

CZCar

I have purchased a car lately, im curious as to why its a

1980 Nissan Fairlady Z, Import Car Of The Year, Special Edition.

(I actually purchased to of them, but the other one is just a standard 280zx) sorry for posting in a Z website, but i thought since one is a Fairlady Z's you mite forgive me

thanks

C

Maybe its a Fairlady because it was born that way. If its badged as a "Fairlady Z" that is because it was probably originally made for the Japanese domestic market.

If you check out your VIN number ( the full number - including the prefix ) you will be able to get pretty close to identifying what exact model it is:

*FAIRLADY Z ( S130S ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY Z-L ( S130 ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY Z-T ( S130J ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY Z 2 by 2 ( GS130S ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY Z-L 2 by 2 ( GS130 ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY Z-T 2 by 2 ( GS130J ) - L20E engine

*FAIRLADY 280Z-L ( HS130 ) - L28E engine

*FAIRLADY 280Z-T ( HS130J - BC ) - L28E engine

*FAIRLADY 280Z-L 2 by 2 ( HGS130 ) - L28E engine

*FAIRLADY 280Z-T 2 by 2 ( HGS130J - BC ) - L28E engine

I'm curious as to why you stated "Import Car Of The Year" - is that on a sticker or emblem attached to the car? Seeing as the Fairladies were not imports, I'm wondering whether this was attached later ( and not at the Factory or the original dealership that sold the car ).

Also - where are you? Its helpful to know this - or is it a secret?

There are many people who have posted to this site asking the same question as you. In fact, there was a question just a couple of days ago that is still an active thread. If you type "Fairlady" into the SEARCH function, you will get LOTS of hits.

It IS a Z.:classic:

Alan T.

well i am in Newzealand and there is a plaque on the center console that states that is import car of the year, special edition, taking into account that we get all the jap cars, then maybe its of the Jap market, thanks alot , any other help would be appreciated, are the specs the same, etc?

CZCar,

Hi welcome. I hope you find what you want on this site, there are a large number of people who know a lot about the classic Z and information in all things Z. What you have here is a site full of like minded people.

For anyone to assist with issues about your Z It is important to identify what you have. Can you look in the engine bay for a manufacturers data plate. On the data plate you will find similar prefix to those related by HS30H. So the information brakes down to chassis number and an engine number, these two items if complete with prefix letters will instantly identify your Z.

I think you can probably get answers to any of your questions once we all know what we are looking at.

hope this helps you

Cheers

Steve

Just to let it be known, we do/did NOT get "ALL" Jap cars in NZ and my bet, CZCar is that you have two 280ZX's. to find out, open the bonnet and look for the VIN number or Engine Plate, infact, you're in NZ, the VIN should be on your Ownership Papers on the top right hand corner.

I wish we got all the different Jap cars.:love:

yeah sorry, i realise we dont get all jap cars but australia and us get a few more than USA , excellent, umm the Vin is

HGS130-000948

can you tell me anything from that?

ill get da engine number tomorow, there is a plaque sayin "Import Car of the Year, SPecial Edition" well thanks

C