IGNORED

original jute material

kats

Dave

If you mean the vertical diamond vinyl behind the tool boxes, then no, there is no vertical jute at that point. The vinyl is just stuck to the vertical surface using contact adhesive or similar.

regards

Andrew

Andrew, exactly what I thought until I noticed a piece of jute (item 15) on microfiche section no. 113-4 ? I guess this was never actually used ? Perhap the US boys can shed some light when they wake up in the morning ! Dave

PS. I started to insulate my Z with self-adhesive (500mm sq) rubber - looks great ! Soon be cutting the jute - any luck with the thicknesses ?

I'll have to do some research, but to the best of my knowledge, the vinyl is glued directly to the rear bulkhead behind the tool boxes and seats. I have a piece of black - used. Do you want it?

Originally posted by DJACEY(UK)

PS. I started to insulate my Z with self-adhesive (500mm sq) rubber - looks great ! Soon be cutting the jute - any luck with the thicknesses ?

Dave

I'd like to see the rubber flooring, I presume you are not bringing your 70 car to Japfest?

I don't have a fiche to hand so I'm not sure which jute you mean. I think from what 26-thz has said it is the same as mine ( ie no jute). You have me intrigued however as to this extra piece of jute:classic:

I have been going through my storage to get the rear deck jute and hopefully I will find it and get you the spec tonight.

Andrew

Thanks Dave

I has looked at the rear deck jute and it appears to be the same material as the rest of the jute. Did you want me to measure the thickness?

Are you still going to Japfest this Saturday?

regards

Andrew

Andrew, yes I will be at Japfest but minus both my 240Z (who know when this will be ready ?) & 260Z (ready for collection in a couple of weeks). I should finish installing the rubber soundproofing soon so I'll take a picture when I've finished.

I've finally been successful in posting the attachment ! Item 15 is described as 'Jute - Front Floor Rear'. What do yuo think ?

Dave

post-5587-14150793883684_thumb.jpg

Dave

I must say you have me stumped there. It looks as you describe, a piece of jute attached to the vertical face behind the tool boxes, under the diamond vinyl, which my car did did not have ( at least, when I bought it, it didn't).

I'm sure some of the other series 1 owners might be able to help, and hopefully they will chime in.

regards

Andrew

• 8 years later...

In the years since this post was new has anyone found a source for the style jute that Kats used? I've spend a considerable amount of time looking for a source and haven't gotten anywhere. Did find a company in Vancouver, BC that lists it on their website but haven't been able to get a return call and emails get returned as undeliverable.

Any info would be a huge help!!!

• 2 months later...

Jute for the 240Z was a black licked latex coated one side material often found in British sportscars. The black latex lick goes on top and the natural jute goes toward the body of the car. I managed to purchase some jute from a company in Ontario, Canada who imports this material direct from the United Kingdom, thus it is often referred to as English Jute. There is also a company as you mentioned in Vancouver, BC Canada that is primarily an upholstery service rather than a supplier. They have shown much resistance in selling to the general public, as it seems they deal with the trade people only. I must say that this jute material is exactly like the original 240Z material and is much darker, (with all due respect to Katz), than that of the material I have seen in this post. If originality is paramount for you, then this English jute is for you. There is a reason the more expensive European sportscars use it, as water just seems to bead over the black latex coat. It also possesses excellent sound deadening qualities to it as well.