IGNORED

240z or 260z AU

axelr8

Gav

Is that you I see putting your hand up to look at the car?

From memory it is in Heidleburg or something. I have a friend in Melbourne that offered to inspect the car for me if I was interested, but when I saw the asking price and the description of the condition I baulked at it.

My guess is he is asking too much for the car for the condition it is in and is playing on the low VIN#.

yess,

the add is abit sus, it feature in the trading post about a month back and even then the bloke had "no ofers" or somthing to that regard in his advert. i suspect the owner is trying to squeez his dollar. However; has no one even botherd to look at the car in person?

If someone does get a look at this early 70 Zed, HS30 0086 could you let us know what the matching engine number is. I have found about 20, 70 Zeds and only 7 Data Plate engine number for them so far.

cheers

Steve:classic:

steve my cars a 7/70 chasis 640 have to try and find the plates again so i can get you the other numbers might help for your research

As for the frame rails being out not a big job to put a car on a jig and pull it back into line had to do the rally car it was 1" to short in the length one side and 2" out the other way was handling like real pig only cost $150 to get it straigthen that is till the navigator had a drive and wrote it off

Mick

zed240au,

thanks Mick, I will be very interested in your data plates and engine number, as you know I am comming up short on engine numbers, if I remember correctly your interior was black and also a factory auto, but it has been ten years since I last saw your Zed.

Cheers

Steve:classic:

gavin the type of straightening i was talking about was getting the front end back into square after an accident so the car handles ok Locking it on a jig then pulling the rails back into line

As for making chasis rails neat again i made a cover for mine from light steel sheet and welded it over the existing rails bit extra strength (the rails where rust free just looked like the car had been lifted by a fork lift a few times) could do this while car complete but would be easier with car on side or with motor and box out

Mick

• 3 weeks later...