IGNORED

Emblem Missing ?

SledZ

Here's a scan from the Japanese market S30-series Z model information booklet ( published November 1969 ).

It shows the emblems for the different models, and you can see that the PS30 ( Fairlady Z 432 ) had a "NISSAN" emblem on the left side of the hatch / tailgate. This was listed with part no. 90808-E4125 and within a few months this was also being listed as an option part for the S30-S ( Fairlady Z ) and S30 ( Fairlady Z-L ) models:

post-2116-14150792840236_thumb.jpg

Here's a scan of the cover of the slightly later Japan market S30-A ( Automatic ) model information booklet.

This was published to familiarise the dealers with the alterations and differences that the Automatic version had undergone in the months since it was released. It was published in October 1970.

The "Full Automatic" emblem can be seen on the cover. This is the emblem with the part number 90809-E7925:

post-2116-14150792840572_thumb.jpg

The emblems were carried through to the Japanese market C-S31 and C-GS31 models too.

Here's a scan from the relevant Japanese market model information booklet for those models. This "NISSAN" emblem had the part no. 90808-E4125 too.

The "NISSAN - full auto - MATIC" emblem used the part no. 90809-E8225 I believe.

Alan T.

post-2116-14150792840918_thumb.jpg

Whoa ! youre making more questions than answers Alan ROFL

What is this, Nissan NADS ????? Was there an option for a pair of nads for the PS30?

In the second one, there is some script for "Z-T" - what is this? And were there TWO types of mirrors available???

And finally, in the last picture, what is the little picture on the bottom left of?

Very interesting..

Lachlan,

Its NAPS not NADS!

"Nissan Anti Pollution System" that is.........

Very late model Japanese-market Z anti-pollution spec.

"Z-T" one of the specs. for the later Japanese-market 2/2 models ( C-S31 and C-GS31 ) which was either better or worse than the "Z-L" model depending on how you look at it.

That little box on the bottom left of the last scan is the control box for the funky big mirrors of the above models. Remote Control mirror movement, electrically operated by joystick by the driver's knee. Bit on the large side if you ask me.

These later Japanese-market S31 models are total nightmares to pin down specs on. Its acronym city in the model information booklets....................

Hope this is not a can of worms I've opened now:ermm:

Alan T.

Originally posted by HS30-H

That little box on the bottom left of the last scan is the control box for the funky big mirrors of the above models. Remote Control mirror movement, electrically operated by joystick by the driver's knee. Bit on the large side if you ask me.

That's so funky!!!!!!!!!

I think I found out what it is!! I searched more closely and found a picture of a FairLady Z (have to research that)

Now I know why the right hand Datsun Emblem I have, does not line up with the holes.

Here is the link to the picture, can't tell the emblem says though.

http://www.classiczcars.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=455&password=&sort=7&thecat=500