IGNORED

Emblem Missing ?

SledZ

I have looked at a ton of pictures but have not seen any emblems on the left hand side of the rear hatch. My car has a 12 year old paint job but the emblems were never put back on (and some are missing). The holes look identical to the right side. I attached a picture maybe someone knows..?

Thanks

post-4287-1415079280759_thumb.jpg

I don't recall a badge on the left either.

I agree with Ian, more than likely a dealer added his nameplate to the car, although usually these were installed with double stick emblem tape.

It's plausible that there was an "Automatic" nameplate, but if so, and my car is an Automatic and it doesn't have the holes (Transition Car between Series I and II, 1971), and I've not run into another one even in the boneyards.

2¢

thats the one. I was thinking it said datsun-matic or something similar. I remember seeing it on the 240's as well as the other models. Similar to like the 2+2's.....they never had the model designation on the hatch, it said "DATSUN" in the traditional spot and underneath that it was simply "2+2"

Darn, you wouldnt think they would drill two holes in your car to put there name tag on it would ya!?

You would have thought that they would have covered the holes when it was painted unless they had an emblem to go back on on. Unfortunately the car was painted 12 years ago and didnt come with all the emblems...

My Z is a 5 speed..but a 72

Originally posted by carguyinok

Is the one your thinking of NISSAN FULL\AUTO MATIC

With the word full above the word auto in its own little box with NISSAN on the left and MATIC on the right.

Just checked the Microfiche. See Section 170-1 which shows the emblems on 240Z. Nothing shown as available on the left of Hatch. No "automatic" emblem was available for 240Z's.

The "NISSAN Full/Auto MATIC" emblem was first available on 260Z's. Production from 8/73 to 11/73 P/N 90809 - E8225

PS Your 72 may have a 5 speed in it now, but it didn't come with one from the factory unless it was privately imported from Japan/Oz/ or elsewhere. 240's were never available in the USA with 5 speeds.