1975 280z Build - Page 14 - Build Threads - Classic Z Car Club Skip to content

1975 280z Build

Featured Replies

The outlet he has in his hand has 5 outlets and the bypass is installed. I still don’t think this is a S30 housing. Did we get clarification if this is a ZX motor? It has the intake blower as well. Good chance it goes to the blower motor.

  • Author

@Yarb I think you might be right. The serial numbers dont match, and it has an l28 and an n47 head. As I am reading, that combo is only available from 77-80.

That sensor does connect into the harness and it does appear to be oem, I had to cut the covering off to disconnect it. I'll have to see if I can find the other end of that wire.

If I remember correctly. The hairdryer had cut wires and didnt have a connection that I could locate. I remember asking about it one time and it was suggested to just remove it, Link to that post

Bingo, I found the sensor by looking up 280zx injector cooling fan sensor and the first result was a part from zcardepot which looks just like it. So it sound like I can just ignore it

image.png

Where are you located. I might have some parts you can use. My car is no longer fuel injected.

  • Author

Im near Colorado Springs, but I dont know that I need anything more at this point, I just need to figure out where a vacuum line goes and do brakes. at least as far as I know.

Funny thing is, im already pricing out a new drivetrain for after the body work.

P79/L28 long block, TL70 6-speed trans, and an possibly (likely) r200 differential.

Need to buy a house first though, I dont have the garage space at my apartment.

12 hours ago, nowak1981 said:

Funny thing is, im already pricing out a new drivetrain for after the body work.

P79/L28 long block, TL70 6-speed trans, and an possibly (likely) r200 differential.

Be careful with California Datsun. Many of the parts on the web site are available elsewhere for much less. The owner does not have a history of selling quality work. He used to be called Datsunparts LLC. He has posted as URGELIS on this forum. You can find old threads about him.

He even has a Facebook group dedicated to his company, with very recent posts. You have to sign in to see all of them, of course. Facebook sucks too.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/113826448958872/

S
Sponsored
Advertisement
Go Ad-Free
No ad showing? Ads help support ClassicZcars. If you use an ad blocker, please consider allowing ads on this site or Go Ad-Free.
  • Author

Wow, that’s good to know! I’d really like to build it myself anyway but I’m afraid of mucking it up.

My experience with Eiji has been great. A lot of options

  • Author

Still working on the coolant system, Waiting on parts really. I was cleaning up the thermostat sensor housing and I noticed that the threads on one of the bolt holes was completely trashed. So it looks like I need to find a replacement.

I dont suppose anyone has a spare they would like to sell?

Send me a pm. I have what you need.

If Yarb doesn't have what you need...

The 240z thermostat housing are available new. Not sure about the 280z though

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.