IGNORED

burned contact on the Turn signal switch of my 72 240z or dirty bulb socket

1 hour ago, jalexquijano said:

Well with the test light should be the same process. It should light up if the blinker is working?

If you have it on the right wire it should blink as the turn signal. If not the bulb socket is no good. I'd say fuse, bulb filament, female socket then the main switch.

4 hours ago, Mark Maras said:

Find a ground. Either a wire or the switch body. The black ohm meter probe goes to the ground, The red probe goes to the left rear blinker soldered connection as shown in post #5, and then operate the switch. Repeat the test with the red probe to the left rear blinker spade connector in the plug.

Mark,

I toggle the switch back and forth without removing it from the steering column and the rear left flasher came back. However i noticed that the blue light for high beam on the speedometer stop working. The low / high beam light function does work but the blue light does not turn on. Any ideas?

10 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Just have to pull the tach and reach through the dash to change the bulb. Are you certain you have a bad bulb?

Well if you pull the lo / hi beam lever of the T/S switch it does work and does its function. However the blue light does not come up when you engage the hi beam

20240427_170133.jpg

10 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Something in the head light switch itself most likely.

Ok. So how would you approach this? Tearing down the steering wheel cover, removing both switches and cleaning each of the connectors? Its weird the TS is doing all its functions but the blue light is not engaging when hi beam lights are on.

31 minutes ago, Yarb said:

Totally different circuit iirc. Get out the FSM and do some research to follow the wiring diagram.

Ive unplugged and clean all connections without dissamembly of the TS switch. So far the blue light is not turning on when i switch to high beam.

20240428_101015.jpg

20240428_101008.jpg

20240428_100951.jpg