IGNORED

Accessory Wiring

SteveE

1 hour ago, SteveE said:

@SteveJ

Changes to the stock wiring       Dave Irwin's headlight and parking light harness's & the jumper I made in post 7 above.  Brake pedal switch has not been altered.

In your post above (#8)  point 3 about the thrid brake light I chose option 2 and decided for the brake pedal switch. Temporarily ran a wire from light to switch.

"Intercept the brake light before it gets to the turn signal switch and run a wire back for the third light."

That seems to work - light comes on and does not flash with the turn signals.  My question -  is this a safe/good spot to tie into the system?  Seems like an easy place to make a jumper.

Thank you for the clarifications. This helps in providing guidance. Considering your willingness to put a quality effort into the jumper harnesses, I'm not too concerned with where you intercept the circuit as long as it's after the brake switch. When in doubt, use an inline fuse to protect the branch circuit! It's relatively cheap, and if the extra wire gets chafed and shorts out, you don't take out the other brake lights. A 5A fuse should be fine for the inline fuse.

1 hour ago, SteveE said:

@SteveJ

In post #8 point 1 you say - about the lighting for the window switchs.

"use the red/blue wire for the dash lights."

"You can put in jumper harnesses at the gauges."

Looking at the BE section of the service manual I am not finding a harness for the gauges.   I see the red/blue wire going to the bulbs at the gages, but do not see where it hooks into the harness.  My question is which connector (is there a connector) and where is it? Would like to make another "jumper" - love the jumpers😄

Thanks Steve

Allow me to clarify. At the rheostat (aka gauge light dimmer), you have a green/white wire going in and a red/blue coming out. The green/white is same wire as for the parking lights, and the red/blue goes to the gauges. (By the way, I strongly suggest changing parking lights to LEDs and derating the fuse to 10A to protect the wiring/fuse box better.) If the window switch lights are dimmable, you may want to make your branch circuit off the red/blue wire. If the lights aren't dimmable, make the branch off the green/white wire.  Again, putting an inline fuse on the new branch is cheap insurance that you don't take out your parking lights while driving.

You can find the rheostat here:

image.png

Does that make more sense?

YES!!!  it does.

Thrid brake light jumper has been made and installed, and works great.

Now to try and get to the rheostat wiring😢

I know you have posted many times your list for LED bulbs, the latest I could find was from "22" and you had removed the turn signal & brake light bulbs because of failure.I think you have an updated list, but can not find it.  I do want to change out all of my exterior bulbs at this time and just need a recomendation for those.

Thanks